Thread: Spanish silver!!!!

Spanish silver!!!!

Went back to the colonial farm again today, and once again she didn't let me down. Found a small tombac, and right at the end of day before I had to leave, a nice high tone. 1785 half reale Spanish Silver!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by catskillcomics; 02-19-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Awesome coin! Congrats!
    XP Deus

You're having fun there, Scott!
    Your area go back to the Dutch? I think I heard the name Catskill is Dutch? If you're near the Hutson I bet you have some old sites there! Congrats on a GREAT few weeks!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks oxshoe..and you are correct. This area was settled by the Dutch in the 1600s. And the place I am hunting is just a couple hundred yards from the hudson.

Congrats on the awesome Half Real, Scott! Given the age of the site you are detecting there are probably more old coins there! That is a terrific find. You are on a hot streak!

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Nice job! Those babies are small and mine barely made a peep. How did yours ring up?

Mine rang up around 66, but with a high tone.

Congrats on the find! That is sweet. Maybe my great great great grandfather dropped it on the way to WI.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Great find. Keep working that farm !
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Tony, besides the two Draped Bust coppers, I had found 2 other coppers which I am sure were much older but there wasn't any detail at all on the coins, totally smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Congrats on the awesome Half Real, Scott! Given the age of the site you are detecting there are probably more old coins there! That is a terrific find. You are on a hot streak!

Elite Member
    Congrats on a great find. Starting to see some grass here again. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Ya, I've been seeing some poison ivy popping up in the woods here
    Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin digger View Post
    Congrats on a great find. Starting to see some grass here again. WD

Always on the way back to the car.
    Who cares when? As long as you found it!
    Sweet find!
    Congrats!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Elite Member
    Great recovery WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes