Thread: The walls have eyes!

The walls have eyes!

The walls have eyes! Name:  The_Walls_Have_Eyes-723947437-mmed.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  26.9 KB Last Sunday, I stayed with my "new" Modus Operandi for metal detecting. I had been staying around the cellar holes and not roaming around.Name:  87213988_10216121777220790_2352265004318720000_n.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  132.2 KB I had noted for several years that Del seems to love to roam around sites. I know he's looking for hot spots and he always comes back with coins and buckles. They are magnetically attracted to him. Anyway, for the past month I have been doing much more roaming and it has paid off. This past Sunday, Del showed me that he can do it either way as he found a copper that I literally missed last year and left it laying in a cellar hole for him ! Great find my friend! I followed some walls at our last site way out into no man's land and was rewarded with an 1838 Large Cent and an 1864 Indian Head. Both coins were just laying there next to the walls waiting on me and.................watching me.Name:  1838 Coronet Liberty Head Large Cent.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  111.7 KBName:  87869183_10216126858067808_1234391987625394176_n.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  47.4 KB
    XP Deus

Wow Donnie, That reverse has some serious detail! That old Indian does too...too bad it's bent up. Pretty site you have there! I love hard wood canopy right on the hole...great all year. "Summer Time, and the Swinging is Easy!" .
    Dan is the master. Period. You get a "playing lesson" every time you go out with him. Congrats on some sweet keepers!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Two great finds, Donnie! Sometimes it pays to venture out. Good job!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Donnie B, you looked into the soul of that cellar hole and discovered its secrets. Just be careful you don't get sucked in, never to return. In 100 years, Dan's great great grandchildren will be out detecting and find your belt buckle at that cellar hole using their family heirloom DFX.
    Last edited by Lodge Scent; 03-03-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Donnie B, you looked into the soul of that cellar hole and discovered its secrets. Just be careful you don't get sucked in, never to return. In 100 years, Dan's great great grandchildren will be out detecting and find your belt buckle at that cellar hole using their family heirloom DFX.

In a few hundred yrs they'll be excited to find early 21st cent detectorists loses...like my pinpinter, and the belt buckle I lost from my pants one time.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post

In a few hundred yrs they'll be excited to find early 21st cent detectorists loses...like my pinpinter, and the belt buckle I lost from my pants one time.
    Somewhere in the mountain laurel in Connecticut is my Lesche Tool. Some future archaeologist will probably find it one day and do electrolysis on it.
    XP Deus