Thread: Sunday Hunt with the Deep Digger Duo

Sunday Hunt with the Deep Digger Duo

Yesterday I got out with Digger Don and Digger Al in a town on the banks of the Wabash River. I have a love/hate relationship with river towns. The soil is always very sandy and the old coins seem to sink too deep to find. On the other hand, the coins you do manage to find are always in great shape.

The weather was perfect, sunny with a high of 67 but the day started off very slow. The finds picked up in the afternoon though and Don and Al both went home with some nice coins and relics. My day was below average but I had a great time anyway.

Here are my coins for the day:
    Name:  COINS.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  104.3 KB

The sandy soil is kind to the copper cents:
    Name:  CENTS.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  85.5 KB

Here are my relics:
    Name:  RELICS.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  96.4 KB

As always, it was great fun detecting with Don and Al!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I would call 3 Indians and 3 silvers a great day any day!! It was a perfect day for detecting, probably the nicest day so far this year.
    Looks like you were the wheaty king as well. I got 11 to your 14. nice job!
    Lets do it again soon!!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

That is a solid day of digging! I know I am in the minority but I have always liked early wheats.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Good group of finds Tony! That 1901 IHC is a stunner! It even still has traces of the brown color. Well done. Sure am looking forward to hunting with you again some day.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Sounds like a great time with the DDD!
    And any day you can go home with a few silvers its a good day! And a few Indians for good measure? Gotta love it!
    Congrats Tony!

Next time y'all hook up for a hunt let me know. I'll see if i can make it too.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Elite Member
    Looks like you guys has a great hunt. Lots of recoveries. Congrats to all. Looks like you were the wheatie King for the day. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    Next time y'all hook up for a hunt let me know. I'll see if i can make it too.
    We definitely need to get together for a hunt, Tim! It has been too long!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Great hunt and fantastic condition on those coins!
    XP Deus