Thread: Mystery Copper, Unicorn/Lion Button

Threaded View

Mystery Copper, Unicorn/Lion Button

Hi Friends!
    I haven't been out in forever! We moved a few weeks ago, to a condo, downsizing...it's that time of life. Only three mile away from my old house so all my permissions still stand

I got out today after working from home until noon. I went to a field I've never found anything hoping the recent rain and my developing skills on the Nox would allow me to have some success. I cracked the code on this field
    Everything I dug was at least seven inches down...and sounded like poop! Any scratchy deep signal turned out to be non-ferrous.
    The finds-
    -Good looking shanked dandy
    -Two old wheats (haven't checked the dates yet)
    -Small bottle with metal neck (found these before but don't remember what they are)
    -Very small copper 22.4 mm with an old looking, right facing bust (any ideas???)
    -Edison Phonograph Plate

Thanks for looking!!

"...King James VI of Scotland succeeded Elizabeth I when she died childless in 1603, effectively uniting Scotland and England beneath one rule. The Scottish Royal Arms had up to that point used two unicorns as shield supporters. The English Arms had used a variety of supporters, but most frequently had included a lion. In a tactful gesture then, he placed a lion upon the left of the new Arms, and a unicorn upon the right. This was a potent bit of symbolism, for both the lion and the unicorn had long been thought to be deadly enemies: both regarded as king of the beasts, the unicorn rules through harmony while the lion rules through might, It came to symbolise a reconciliation between the Scottish unicorn and the English lion that the two should share the rule. The effectiveness of the sentiment, unfortunately, is placed in some doubt by the famous nursery rhyme..."
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew