Hi Fellow Quarantiners/Hunters,

WARNING, this might just be the ramblings of a holed up Nutmegger...

My hunts are usually about 90min... and many of my sites are super quiet until that one good hit....so I often get skunked,
I have the luxury of being able to hunt on most days (when not moving like I did a some weeks ago), so even if I take 4 or 5 skunkings in a row, that 4th or 5th hunt might produce a draped bust half cent or colonial shoe buckle. Today I went out for a bit longer than usual...I'd guess 2.5 hrs or so...I tend to go longer if I'm working a skunking. Btw, this permission is 17min away... How far do you go for short hunts?

I did get skunked... a small shankless flat button, a memorial penny , and a pocket full of cut copper pieces is all I found... but had a good time and got some exercise. Some hunts I get more exercise then others. Today was hilly and fast swinging. Some sites, like trashy parks are slow swing, flat, and no exercise.

I found a good looking large deer rack...then a few minutes and 50 yards away, found another. I don't know if they're from the same animal.

That stone wall was impressive for its height! It was 400 yrds away from the old homestead too, which is a long way away for such a tall wall. Sadly, most of the area inside that four acre pen had its topsoil drained away exposing thousands of rocks. I never find things in washed away fields.
Most walled in areas in New England are 4 acres bc thats as far as anyone wanted to walk as they picked stones out of the field and put them on the wall.

I'd like to hear about your skunking ratios and any hunting info you'd like to share. Thanks!