Thread: New machine finds history

New machine finds history

Yesterday Donnie Ron and myself headed out to the woods to hit some well known sites and check on a couple of possible cabin sites . The weather was about perfect springtime temps , hiking is always good this time of year and I could use the exercise . On this particular excursion I had brought a new machine as my old DFX of 15+ years is getting pretty tired so I've been wanting some thing with newer technology and settled for a XP Deus Name:  deus trio.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  146.2 KB . This machine takes a bit time to get use to the sounds ( like listening to a clown making balloon animals) at first especially coming from the flutie tones of the DFX , to say I was out of my element for the first few hours is an understatement . Donnie let me hear a few "good" targets to help me understand and train the ear to what I wanted to listen for , that is the character of a man of good quality right there . it helped a lot My top find for the Deus maiden voyage was a Revolutionary war British 62nd regiment button Name:  62 regimental button 1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  43.3 KB This button was most likely taken from a British prisoner's uniform after the capture of some 6,000 men at the Battle of Saratoga in 1777 or could of been a "spoils" taken from a continental soldier to remember battle and victory . Either way it is a remarkable piece of American history !

This spot where it was found is credited to Donnie's research and Ron's great eyes on spotting the cabin site where the button was found . The rest of the finds non ferrous findsName:  april 25 finds.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  36.0 KB the spoon cleaned up well to show off some silverName:  april spoon.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  27.2 KB and all the iron Name:  april 25th finds.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  46.6 KB and the ironName:  april iron.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  36.0 KB and lastly I have always heard of stories but I seen a real "land urchin" Name:  cat-a-pilla.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  75.3 KB

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Sounds like a great inaugural hunt with your new machine. Kudos to Donnie for the lessons also. Very nice piece of history you recovered and I hope you and your new machine find much,much more.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Congratulations on the button and the new machine! I was wondering when I read you asking Jeff some very specific questions about his settings.
    @ clown balloons. Jeff let me run his one day and I'd agree, that's an apt description. I'm glad you're getting used to it.
    I bet your arm was wondering when the work out was going to start.
    Good luck with it, Dan!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

"like listening to a clown making balloon animals" - ROFLMAO!

Great find on the Revolutionary War button, Danny. Congrats! What a great day!Name:  94377546_10216704560270002_3812629566577442816_n.jpg
Size:  147.4 KB
    Last edited by Donnie B; 04-27-2020 at 05:37 AM.
    XP Deus

That is the way to break in a new machine Dan. Congrats on a great find! You must be using Full Tones ?? Multi Tones is much nicer on the ears IMO. You will of course dig less iron as you get used to the machine. Great start!
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Sounds like a great inaugural hunt with your new machine. Kudos to Donnie for the lessons also. Very nice piece of history you recovered and I hope you and your new machine find much,much more.
    Thanks Al , I really wasn't expecting much . Just to be out on a nice day with friends and get a bit familiar with the new machine , hopefully get a couple of buttons .

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Congratulations on the button and the new machine! I was wondering when I read you asking Jeff some very specific questions about his settings.
    @ clown balloons. Jeff let me run his one day and I'd agree, that's an apt description. I'm glad you're getting used to it.
    I bet your arm was wondering when the work out was going to start.
    Good luck with it, Dan!
    Thanks Drew , the arm felt great after the 12 hour day .

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie B View Post
    "like listening to a clown making balloon animals" - ROFLMAO!

Great find on the Revolutionary War button, Danny. Congrats! What a great day!Name:  94377546_10216704560270002_3812629566577442816_n.jpg
Size:  147.4 KB

I'm still in a bit of awe , sometimes its that one find that makes your whole hunt , day or even month ! It was great sharing it with you and Ron . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    That is the way to break in a new machine Dan. Congrats on a great find! You must be using Full Tones ?? Multi Tones is much nicer on the ears IMO. You will of course dig less iron as you get used to the machine. Great start!
    Jeff I was in a two tone iron pitch program but I wanna try a multi tone one , I don't mind digging the iron in the old spots . Thanks
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

This button has a Banner Vote from me!
    XP Deus

That’s how you start with a new machine. Good for you
    Dig Colonial or Go Home

Personal Website www.cttodd.com

Congrats on the button Dan! That is fantastic. Enjoyed reading about balloons and land urchins as well. Just like mother nature adapting to new ways, you adapt to a new machine.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

That’s a dream find in my book!

Another tool in your box of tricks Dan.
    And it looks like you'll have it down soon enough , specially when you have a buddy like Donnie around to help to you "flatten the curve".
    Sweet button!
    Congrats!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Man what a find!! Congrats!
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...