Thread: couple weekends ago

couple weekends ago

I got invited to a field hunt that had been pounded already but some nice silver Spanish had come out of it before. I wasn’t expecting to find anything but I gave it a whirl. Change the settings on my machine to an open screen and sensitivity to maximum. Very quiet except for the constant grunting of iron, while searching an area everyone had been over and over before. holes were everywhere, from what I suspect were square nails and miscellaneous iron being pulled out when I got my ears blown out. I thought I had some canned slaw but that didn’t really make sense considering how free of trash this field was. instead I pulled out a nice looking 1854 large cent! about an hour later I got a solid wheat penny signal and out popped a beautiful 1867 two cent piece! I was hoping for silver but that was it and I’m not complaining! A friend of mine had pulled an 1838 seated dime just the day before. Almost forgot to mention the button. And the Indian came from the day before.

Name:  D28528E1-71CB-426A-84C9-080A6258BB5A.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  109.2 KB
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 05-06-2020 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Rotated photo

Good work in the iron Noah. I wonder how many people had ignored that signal.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Good work in the iron Noah. I wonder how many people had ignored that signal.
    Thanks. Everyone had been through that spot the day before, pulling out all kinds of buttons. Everybody moved out of there to the area where the seated dime came out the day before. I thought it was can slaw or brass the signal was so powerful!

Have you been hunting with Hyluxyota? Congrats on some hard to find coins!!
    Last edited by Bucknut; 05-06-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Amazing finds, Tim! Are you sure the Two Cent Piece is 1867? I kind of looks like 1868 to me, but maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Either way it's a terrific find. Large Cents produce such a strong signal. It is always a blast to find one.

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Good finds Noah! Was that the "magic bean field" you went to (with Hiluxyota)?
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Elite Member
    Congrats on 2 nice coins. Nice to see a different date other than '64 on the 2-center. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

There you go again. Showing off!!

Great finds Tim. You killed it in the field!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin digger View Post
    Congrats on 2 nice coins. Nice to see a different date other than '64 on the 2-center. WD
    I will have to agree with that statement. Some nice coins pulled
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album