Thread: My finds this year so far.

My finds this year so far.

I have not posted anything yet this year. Just being lazy. I have found some nice things but nothing crazy. Apparently it is Buffalo season here in Michigan with no limit.

Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 134
Size:  129.2 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  105.8 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views: 156
Size:  74.1 KB

There is an excellent 1868 Indian that I love. The rusted skeleton key was found lying on top of the ground. I visited a new spot deep in some woods where someone likes to hunt as well. They leave holes wide open and then leave the trash on top. Frustrating but it is deep in the woods so no one else sees it. BUT I have seen open holes and trash by them at some of the other parks I hunt around here lately. Same guy I am certain. Their laziness might lead to a ban on detecting.

Good to post something again. Hope you all are doing well. Jared
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Love those Mercury Dimes and, especially, the worn ones. Something about a worn Mercury just looks good to me. I hate lazy diggers too.
    XP Deus

Jared, you found as many buffs in five months as I dig in five years Not kidding tho, and you've match my marble haul in the past 10 years! I wonder why someone would cut a penny in half. Keep it up!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Good assortment. That 1936 quarter is in a higher grade. Still has most of its mint luster. Might want to put it in a 2x2 for safe keeping. Best wishes for more great finds the rest of the year!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Wonderful finds so far this year ! I’m surprised gold didn’t show up with all the nickels ! The pile of silver looks awesome !
    White's V3i & MX Sport TRX Pinpointer

So far so great. Finds are certainly accumulating especially all those buffs. Loving the silvers and marbles. I am in agreement about the 1936 Wash - - protect it
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Elite Member
    Wow great bunch of coins. I've been a little lean on the War Nickels as of late. Congrats on all the recoveries. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Nice variety of finds, congrats on a nice year so far.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Nice Jared. Hate lazy people. All because you are in the woods somewhere doesn't mean you can be an idiot. That person needs to twist an ankle in one of their holes they left.

On a positive note, congrats on all the finds. My white whale is a buffalo nickel (I know this is really odd). Need to go out with you apparently.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.