Thread: My Finds From England! Yay!!

My Finds From England! Yay!!

Hey Friends,
    Spending 7 days detecting in the worst weather ever but it was worth it in the end! I found bronze age all the way up to 1993. My oldest silver is 1247 and my newest is 1942. Here's my finds. My export license is being processed and I will get to keep all my finds. Just got to wait for them to come in the mail.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Full Metal Digger; 05-16-2020 at 06:40 AM.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

That's great news, Dave! I'm glad you will be able to keep your finds. Are you going to try to straighten out that hammered silver groat or is it too fragile?
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Horrible weather sure didn't stop you from getting the relics. Congrats on getting to keep everything, what do you think the time frame will be before you actually have them in hand?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Dave, could you tell us what kinds of sites you hit, how it's different from Germany etc? What kind of questions are on an export license? I'm sorry for so many questions but it's all very interesting to me! Congrats!!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Wow! Great finds sir and excellent way of showing them to us!!

I have a question for you guys. Do you normally go on a guided hunt or ??
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Are you going to try to straighten out that hammered silver groat or is it too fragile?
    Actually it's pretty solid. I thought it was smashed pop top or something when I first dug it up. I only realized it was silver by the way the mud wiped off so easily. I am looking into having it straightened out professionally. There may be some details on the inside that will help ID the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    what do you think the time frame will be before you actually have them in hand?
    Honestly I think 6 months is probably about right...maybe by Christmas if I'm lucky. Right now all the offices that process these are closed due to COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Dave, could you tell us what kinds of sites you hit, how it's different from Germany etc? What kind of questions are on an export license? I'm sorry for so many questions but it's all very interesting to me! Congrats!!!
    All plowed fields. Most farmers had not put their crops in yet so it was pretty much bare dirt. In Germany I only hunt in the woods. Very rare to hunt a field. This is because I don't speak German and would have a hard time asking who owns the land and where does he live, etc. I don't think there are any questions on the export license. Just the pictures above and a notary seal from the British Museum saying I'm allowed to take them out of England.

Quote Originally Posted by badgers325 View Post
    I have a question for you guys. Do you normally go on a guided hunt or ??
    The hunt is guided in so far as we have our choice of fields to detect at (assuming they aren't in crop). As a group we would be asked "hey do you guys want to go to the Celtic coin field or the medieval pub field today?" We would say "take us where you would go if you were detecting today."
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

I love seeing those hunts in England. Always some amazing finds show up. Great are allowed to keep your finds too.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Elite Member
    Looks like you had a great trip despite the weather. Congrats on all the recoveries. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    You had a nice finds for your first UK trip. The weather can be nasty at times but I would dig all day in any type of weather if I could finds like they do in the UK. I can’t wait to get back there. Maybe we plan an AD trip in the future.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Love the hammered coins. Great finds, congrats.

Wow. You dug lots of holes in 7 days. Congrats! Great finds!
    XP Deus