Hi all,

Here's some shots of coins and relics found from the very end of April and this month so far. Didn't get out this week due to the heat. Thanks for looking!

John

Name:  Tavern 2 site finds.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  31.9 KB
Returned to the Tavern #2 site in the last days of April and snagged a few more goodies. Coppers are both wiped, but ring up around 70 VDI on the AT-Pro, which in my experience suggests they're either KG 2's or 3's, perhaps even counterfeit varieties. Best find of this lot is the little lead triangle saddle adornment.

Name:  Field hunt with Joe and Dan.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  35.6 KB
During the first week in May I hit some fields with my good friends from Green Mountain Diggers over in northeastern VT. Finds were rather mundane for me on this day, though I did snag I nice gold gilted button and a '75 Indian.

Name:  IH 1875.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  30.7 KB
Here's close-up of the Indian.

Name:  Field hunt with Max and Rich.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  42.5 KB
Next week hit some varied fields with other good friends of mine GoldPannerVT and RawThird on IG. Snagged a handful of mid-date wheats, a silver Canadian dime and an interesting military token.

Name:  canadian dime close up.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  31.6 KB
Here's the dime.

Name:  Military coin.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  31.7 KB
Here's the early military token. Says $2.50 at bottom. Other side is blank. GoldPannerVT has found a similar token and has gotten reference that it's early to mid 1800s era but not sure. Chime in if you know anything about these.

Name:  Field hunt with Max and Rich 3.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  32.7 KB
In mid-May got out with GoldPannerVT and RawThird again to hit some older fields. These were prior permissions. Finds for me were again rather usual late 1700s/early 1800s stuff.

Name:  church lot finds.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  33.2 KB
Earlier last week I then got permission via phone for a corner lot which once had an old store on it. On that property there's also a standing 1806 church so got to hit those grounds also. So much to detect! Only could hit a portion of it as the grass is now too high. The shot above is from the church yard. Got a 3 Indian Cent spill with dates '65, '72 and '73. This is my second '72 - a semi-key date. Two wiped coppers were also found - a KG3 of some sort and a wiped Draped Bust. Also got an Oliver Boutwell CW token. I'll be back at this site for sure.

Name:  double IH pic.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  30.1 KB
Here's a close-up of the '72 and '73 Indians.

Name:  CW token side 1.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  55.2 KBName:  CW token side 2.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  58.6 KB
Here's the token.

Name:  Corner store lot.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  24.5 KB
Here's the finds from the corner store lot. This site was originally colonial era, but was inhabited well into the 20th century before it burned down in the 1950s. Wayyyy too trashy to detect in most spots but I did pull a few goodies. Best find was the decorative dandy button, among the best I've ever found. Beat up copper is a KG3 Hibernia.

Name:  Colonial button corner store lot.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  30.8 KB
Here's a close-up of the dandy from the store lot.

Name:  Peacham field finds.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  45.9 KB
Then late last week I got out with the GMD boys again and hit some other fields and a private yard in NE VT. Decent, not great finds, but it's all good. Slim handled item is an old pastry roller w/o the wheel. Two coppers were beat up once again - a 1781 KG3 Hibernia, and another nearly wiped KG3 of some sort.