Thread: Morning Micro Hunts

Morning Micro Hunts

I get out for an hour most mornings. I've been hitting a park this week, although this AM I did hit a cellar hole which (surprisingly) wasn't too pounded. Found a button, buckle, and a copper in an hour.
    The take,
    Kennedy Half
    KG Copper
    Unicorn locket
    2 1940 Kronur from Iceland (made into a pendant)
    2 Mercs
    A Rosie
    A silver ring
    Plated ring
    Dog tag
    ...and a 1968 Lincoln with a bullet hole in his head. No comment.
    Thanks!
    PS I don't find many flat buttons with a curled edge on them. Anyone know about how old? (center bottom of group pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Your posts are always super interesting, Drew! Such a wide variety of old coins and relics. Finding a KG on a micro hunt is mind blowing to me. That would be a monumental find here in the Midwest. Your Indian Head doesn't even garner a mention.

A copper, old button and buckle, silver coins and jewelry, Kennedy Half!

Finds like that would put a Name:  SMILE.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  7.0 KB on my face every time!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 395 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 67 V Nickels, 122 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 128 Barber Dimes, 386 Mercury Dimes, 240 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 15 Barber Quarters, 17 Standing Liberty Quarters, 86 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I think you should clean up that unicorn and wear it Drew. It would bring you good luck and derision. Boy those finds span the generations. Not sure on the rolled-edge button. Early 1800s is my guess. I have one or two. That fitty cent piece must have been a screamer!
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Finding a KG on a micro hunt is mind blowing to me. That would be a monumental find here in the Midwest.
    Thank you, Sir! Yep, but I have to say, since taking up parks a few years ago I've learned so much about detecting. Good park hunters (like yourself) seem to have to put it all together. I'd rather dig some deep newer silver than a dateless, almost unidentifiable colonial. I have to confess, with my NOX I really thought I was digging a clad dime at 1 inch, which turned out to be the KG at 6 inches. That's the one thing I miss about my old trusty T2, it didn't ID much deeper than 6 inches but above 6 inches it was spot on! I knew I was digging a copper...which was exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    I think you should clean up that unicorn and wear it Drew. It would bring you good luck and derision. Boy those finds span the generations. Not sure on the rolled-edge button. Early 1800s is my guess. I have one or two. That fitty cent piece must have been a screamer!
    You know I usually have a feather on my detector for luck. When I find a hawk or turkey feather it goes on my detector, until it falls off. A few weeks ago I had a hummingbird feather somehow attached ...this along with my lucky oxshoe hanging off the back end (counter balance), and my green rag around my arm cuff....I'm a sight! Thanks, Bud!
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 06-16-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Not certain why my reply ending up in Tony's quote
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Not certain why my reply ending up in Tony's quote
    I fixed it.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 395 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 67 V Nickels, 122 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 128 Barber Dimes, 386 Mercury Dimes, 240 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 15 Barber Quarters, 17 Standing Liberty Quarters, 86 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    I fixed it.
    Thank you!
    I did that one on purpose
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Awesome finds and very interesting. Love the variety you can find out East.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Nice that you're getting out. A very interesting group of finds. The morning hunts seem to be the best as far as the weather goes. I think finding the cellar hole that hasn't been pounded to death in your neck of the woods is the find of the day.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Nice variety of finds Drew! Good to see you're getting out for a bit in the heat.
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos