Thread: White's Closing

White's Closing

Saw this a few minutes ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!

That would be a shame if they were to go out of business. But these days you don't have a future if you don't have the ability to adapt quickly to the changing marketplace.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

I heard this as well. Sad day!
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

I have kind of been thinking about this whole Whites closing thing and the more I think about it the more I think they did it to themselves. They chased Carl off and new development just came to a grinding halt. I beta tested for Whites, and Carl more specifically. They really had only a couple of machines that were performers. The V3i and of course the variations of the amazing MXT detector. (I don't know a thing about anything other than the discriminators.) I jumped ship on Whites over their support of the Vision/V3/V3i detector. I bought a Vision that did not even come with a manual. I used it and learned it, and in the end championed it against the Minelab E-Trac. That being said I use an E-Trac now, and just could not stomach having to pay for firmware updates. I even lasted through the coil issues, but the firmware issue just turned me sour. Still it is sad to see them go. I have a lot of fond memories of purchasing, learning, and using the XLT, MXT, DFX, and Vision/V3/V3i. I was a good customer.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

It is sad to see them go, but with new companies and newer technologies/features, it is bound to happen to someone. The Chinese knockoffs got me with a "Garrett Carrot". Dummy me bought it on Ebay "new in package" and it was touted as a Garrett. It barely worked, couldn't change settings. Got into a big argument with the seller on it being a POS and he said it worked fine. Reported him to Ebay that he wasn't selling genuine Garrett parts.

Scary thing is that it looked exactly like a Garrett (I already had a Garrett carrot and wanted a backup). Just didn't work right and there wasn't a manual.

Sorry to digress on this topic, but something to think about.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.