Thread: More Park and Project Finds

More Park and Project Finds

Here are some more finds from the park
    projects and street work from over the weekend and the past couple of days.

The foreign coin is a 1960 Iceland 5 Aurar.

The three copper discs in the coin picture may or may not be coins. I found them in some debris while digging out a small partially exposed privy at one of the project sites. They are toast with no readable markings of any kind.

The fourth photo is of a lead name plate, about 4” x 5” that is from the Willard Storage Battery Co, Cleveland OH. I’ll try to figure out the writing on that one and post a better picture later but it does list a part # of 5002, which is clear.

Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

More great finds, Darren! There's an interesting button in that first photo with a scroll "S" on it. What do you think it's from?

I love to see an SLQ in any condition! Was that one in a park or street tear out?
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    More great finds, Darren! There's an interesting button in that first photo with a scroll "S" on it. What do you think it's from?

I love to see an SLQ in any condition! Was that one in a park or street tear out?
    Thanks Tony! The S button is merely decorative I think, not terribly old. The SLQ was from a street tear out, in the black dirt right off the edge of the curb.
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Elite Member
    Very nice. I missed a road tear out opportunity upnorth, but am determined to give that a try one of these years. Thanks for posting. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

So cool that only piece of that stoneware you recovered has a patent date! I found an Icelandic coin a few weeks back. You never know.
    Those SLQs are rare...and your dirt sure was kind to those wheats! Nice going as always, Darren!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    So cool that only piece of that stoneware you recovered has a patent date! I found an Icelandic coin a few weeks back. You never know.
    Those SLQs are rare...and your dirt sure was kind to those wheats! Nice going as always, Darren!
    Thanks! There are literally 1000’s of pieces of glass on this site, I only pick up the interesting ones items.

Nice work Milco. Great finds.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.