Hi folks. Hope you're staying cool this time of year. Hit a new hay field permission this past Monday which included an old church foundation and site of another early VT homesite about a 1/2 mile away. Only hit around the old church (within 10 yards) as the hay was too tall to get into. The home site down the road still awaits, and given the finds from my first hunt several return trips are in order. Church was built in the early 1800s and torn down around the turn of the 20th century.

Name:  wide shot.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  44.2 KB
Here's the wide shot of my finds. 10 buttons, old padlock, drawer pull, small bridle rosette, door knob, buckle, square lead piece and Spanish silver.

Name:  Reale 1.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  22.9 KB
Best find was this 1727 Philip V 1 Reale. It's dateless, but I was able to get an attribution from the Madrid mint mark and A assayer mark which narrowed it down to 1727 only.

Name:  Reale 2.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  21.3 KB
Shot of the reverse.

Name:  padlock.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  28.9 KB
Here's an old Eagle padlock, likely very late 1800s/early 20th century. I gave it to the farmer's young son as he was quite interested in it. It should clean up nicely for him.

Name:  buckle.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  23.4 KB
An early buckle. I assume late 1700s, but a follower on IG suggested earlier. Any ideas?

Name:  old church pic.png
Views: 2272
Size:  256.8 KB
A mid 1800s shot of the old church. Just an overgrown hole in a hay field now with assorted junk thrown inside. Goodies still await in the surrounding area I'm sure once I return after the second summer cut.

John