Thread: Nickel War

Threaded View

Elite Member

Nickel War

Two unusual occurances today. I found 4 war nickels in one hunt and I found a lot of silver. It's been hard to put a post together this year as the finds have been tough and few. Today I went back to the one park I have managed 8 silver this year and was able to double that today. Got lucky in that I found a small area that was loaded with coins. 3 Mercs, 1 Rosie and the 4 war Nickels. Also picked up 23 wheaties and quite a few are pre 40's so I'll have to look at then closer after cleaning. Also if anyone knows what the small item is I have pictured. It looks like some kind of button or cufflink but it looks like it was suppose to be attached. it has a duck on it. Thx Wisconsin Digger PS what is the foreign coin. I don't think it is old
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes