Thread: Back In The Metal Detecting Saddle Again!

Back In The Metal Detecting Saddle Again!

I have been out of commission for a long while. It's a long story, but I am happy to report that metal detecting is just like riding a bike!

I went out to the old city park by my house and detected again for the first time in many many years. Boy did it feel great! I ended up walking away with a few keepers. Nothing too fantastic, but it was the treasure I had been dreaming of finding for the last six years. I'll take it!

Name:  20201105_114308.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  63.8 KB

Last edited by CyberSage; 11-05-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

This post brings me joy. I am so happy to see a new metal detecting video from you, Jack! I hope this trend continues. This place hasn't been the same without you.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thank you, Tony! I think I will go give it another shot today if the weather is nice.

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    Thank you, Tony! I think I will go give it another shot today if the weather is nice.
    Best of luck if you get out again, Jack! We have been enjoying beautiful weather here in Illinois this week. They're calling for record highs this weekend approaching 80 degrees.

It's great that you have a go-to park close to your house that still has some keepers in the soil. Is that the same park where you found the 1895-O Barber Dime?
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

So glad to see this post! Best wishes and happy digging!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    ...Is that the same park where you found the 1895-O Barber Dime?
    Tony, I have found a few barbers here, but that 1895-O came from a town about an hour away. I almost drove down to that park today, but I thought I better stick to my chores. That coin is the first and only coin I have ever sold out of the thousands of keepers I have dug. it provided some very special Christmas gifts for my wonderful wife a few years ago. She was so surprised! I was so happy to see a local coin dealer's eyes light up when I showed it to him. She knew I sold my coin, but she also realized that it was a part of history that I chose to bring to life again. Imagine that, a simple little 10 cent coin from over a hundred years ago providing so much happiness and joy in the here and now. No doubt it was the best coin I ever dug, and what I consider to be the Christmas cache find. I am grateful for the experience of finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    So glad to see this post! Best wishes and happy digging!
    Thank you, Full Metal Digger! Happy digging indeed my friend!

Great job Jack!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

So happy you're back in the saddle, Jack! Such a pretty park too. Congrats on the finds and so glad you're doing what you love again.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Good for you Jack. Did the swinging arm feel a bit sore? Hey I see you are from Fort Collins. I have a friend that lives there. She told me a about the Mad Pooper that was terrorizing the city a couple years back. I hope they caught her !
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Welcome back Jack! Glad to see you back swinging again. I'm looking forward to your new adventures and finds.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album