Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seven More Silver Coins

Seven More Silver Coins

We are having some great weather this week, and today was turning out to be especially pleasant. It won't last of course, so I took advantage of it and headed back to the park to see if I could manage another silver or two. I did better than expected, picking up another seven silver coins, two Washington quarters, three mercury dimes, and two Rosies.

A 1934 mercury dime is hiding in this clump of soil.

And a 1946 Rosie peeked at me from this one

When I hit on this quarter I sent Epi-hunter a text message before breaking the clump to let her know I needed one more silver to reach the mark. Then I got a shock when a mercury dime fell from the clump while breaking it; a 1936 mercury dime had been stuck to the quarter! I already had my 375th silver coin and didn't even know it.

Here they are, showing the marks from when they were stuck together.

And here is all of the silver.

There were more wheat cents too, as well as a 1942 Canadian cent.

HH!

Re: Seven More Silver Coins

Geez! How blessed can you be to live in a silver infested area like that! Dude, I'm surprised you don't have argyria! Better check your finger tips...
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

simply incredible Angel , keep it up and you'll convert me to going back to parks and schools

Man you are still on a roll! Keep it up and you should reach 400 for the year!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDigger View Post
    Geez! How blessed can you be to live in a silver infested area like that! Dude, I'm surprised you don't have argyria! Better check your finger tips...
    I'm just picking on the leftovers. Seriously, this park has been hammered, yet it continues to yield the silver.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    simply incredible Angel , keep it up and you'll convert me to going back to parks and schools
    I don't know Dan, perhaps you need to give the cellar holes a breather. You have enough coppers.

What the.. Holy smokes.. same place as yesterday?
    You are a silver machine... Great Job Angel

Quote Originally Posted by catskillcomics View Post
    What the.. Holy smokes.. same place as yesterday?
    You are a silver machine... Great Job Angel
    Same general area we had been working. I gridded this time.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    When I hit on this quarter I sent Epi-hunter a text message before breaking the clump to let her know I needed one more silver to reach the mark. Then I got a shock when a mercury dime fell from the clump while breaking it; a 1936 mercury dime had been stuck to the quarter! I already had my 375th silver coin and didn't even know it.
    Yeah, and my response was, Un-freaking believable! Silver coins fall out of his clumps of dirt in multiples

I told him I was going to raffle off his E-trac on the forum, I don't think he needs it. He can use one of those $14.99 Wild Planet Kid Quest detectors

Congrats on making your goal. Now you need a new goal

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Yeah, and my response was, Un-freaking believable! Silver coins fall out of his clumps of dirt in multiples

I told him I was going to raffle off his E-trac on the forum, I don't think he needs it. He can use one of those $14.99 Wild Planet Kid Quest detectors

Yeah, your response was funny.

I think I'm done with goals. There will be snow on the ground before I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post

i'll start the bidding

the really sad thing is Angie he would still be finding silver with that kiddie detector

That is un-freaking-believable.

I wish I could afford the plane ticket up there. I would pay just to follow you for a day and listen / watch to what you are digging. Minelab needs YOU as a spokesman instead of Andy Sabich. I think you could teach him a few things.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Nice digs. Funny that I have found 1 silver coin for every 7 you have found this year and I still think I'm having a great year!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Again the good old Park delivers more.. Amazing run your on..

Bruce
    Minelab E-Trac
    Whites DFX
    Garrett Pro Pointer

Your unbelievable Angel keep up the good work, those silver coins just can't hide from you. Congrats you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    That is un-freaking-believable.

I wish I could afford the plane ticket up there. I would pay just to follow you for a day and listen / watch to what you are digging. Minelab needs YOU as a spokesman instead of Andy Sabich. I think you could teach him a few things.
    Thank you for the very kind words Jason.

In truth, though, I am really just a detectorist who has learned from his mistakes, and has gained some experience as a result. Perhaps, too, I enjoy my hobby a tad too much.

Seven silvers, Nice!

awesome stuff again! amazing!

Oh, that's just brutal ~ texting like that while you're out in the field....
    I'd be havin' a fit if Joe texted me stuff like that while I was at work.
    Guess it's a good thing he doesn't know how to text.

*&^&^%^$@$#@^&(*(%$*^%

How's zat?