Thread: It's a Draped Bust, I swear!

It's a Draped Bust, I swear!

My theme this week is beat up coins. I got out for a few hours yesterday and 3 hrs today.
    The cool sticker was given to me by a guy who stopped his truck when he saw me detecting. He came over, asked a few knowledgeable questions, gave me the sticker and invited me to his meetings. I told him I've already been to one of the meetings and was impressed by the 60 or 70 people in attendance. I didn't' tell him I would NEVER go back because I had to sit next to some guy named Dan...he goes by Del on the forums

The wheats are oldies, the IH is 1893 and the draped has nothing on the obverse...but I'm sure it's a 1799.
    BTVdigger asked me if I ever found a 1799 draped 90 min before I found this one...so it would be fitting.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

The back is certainly in decent enough shape, congrats on your finds. So you had to sit next to Del in a meeting? Must have been brutal. He probably looked at pictures of his jeep the whole time too. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    So you had to sit next to Del in a meeting? Must have been brutal. He probably looked at pictures of his jeep the whole time too.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Its been far to long since getting a draped bust cent , congrats . the guy in the truck wore a ball cap , had a beard and seemed just a bit "aloof" ?

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I told him I've already been to one of the meetings and was impressed by the 60 or 70 people in attendance. I didn't' tell him I would NEVER go back because I had to sit next to some guy named Dan...he goes by Del on the forums
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Good score on the DB Drew. Now that Dan mentions it, it has been a long time for me since I dug a DB.

The problem with sitting next to a guy like Dan is that you can't brag about any of your finds because he has found multiples of everything.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Elite Member
    Nice finds. Congrats on the draper bust. Wd
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Good score on the DB Drew. Now that Dan mentions it, it has been a long time for me since I dug a DB.

The problem with sitting next to a guy like Dan is that you can't brag about any of your finds because he has found multiples of everything.
    wish that were true !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

WTG Drew on the DB! I have that very same button, lol!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album