Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: It's a Draped Bust, I swear!

  1. #1
    Global Moderator OxShoeDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    6,157

    It's a Draped Bust, I swear!

    My theme this week is beat up coins. I got out for a few hours yesterday and 3 hrs today.
    The cool sticker was given to me by a guy who stopped his truck when he saw me detecting. He came over, asked a few knowledgeable questions, gave me the sticker and invited me to his meetings. I told him I've already been to one of the meetings and was impressed by the 60 or 70 people in attendance. I didn't' tell him I would NEVER go back because I had to sit next to some guy named Dan...he goes by Del on the forums

    The wheats are oldies, the IH is 1893 and the draped has nothing on the obverse...but I'm sure it's a 1799.
    BTVdigger asked me if I ever found a 1799 draped 90 min before I found this one...so it would be fitting.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

  2. #2
    The back is certainly in decent enough shape, congrats on your finds. So you had to sit next to Del in a meeting? Must have been brutal. He probably looked at pictures of his jeep the whole time too. Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic Coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 Pfennig from Bavaria, Germany
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coin EVER: 1625 Escalin from Chateau Renaud, France
    Best Relics: ca. 14th C. Spur, 1500 B.C. Bronze Arrowheads & Spearhead
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

  3. #3
    Global Moderator OxShoeDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    6,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    So you had to sit next to Del in a meeting? Must have been brutal. He probably looked at pictures of his jeep the whole time too.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

  4. #4
    Administrator del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,659
    Its been far to long since getting a draped bust cent , congrats . the guy in the truck wore a ball cap , had a beard and seemed just a bit "aloof" ?

    Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I told him I've already been to one of the meetings and was impressed by the 60 or 70 people in attendance. I didn't' tell him I would NEVER go back because I had to sit next to some guy named Dan...he goes by Del on the forums
    XP Deus Ws5 , DFX ,TDI sl -

    Click here to view my finds album

  5. #5
    Good score on the DB Drew. Now that Dan mentions it, it has been a long time for me since I dug a DB.

    The problem with sitting next to a guy like Dan is that you can't brag about any of your finds because he has found multiples of everything.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

    "He who would search for pearls must dive below."

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wayne Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,833
    Nice finds. Congrats on the draper bust. Wd
    Wisconsin Digger
    2020
    115 silver
    1500 silver since 2012

  7. #7
    Administrator del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Good score on the DB Drew. Now that Dan mentions it, it has been a long time for me since I dug a DB.

    The problem with sitting next to a guy like Dan is that you can't brag about any of your finds because he has found multiples of everything.
    wish that were true !
    XP Deus Ws5 , DFX ,TDI sl -

    Click here to view my finds album

  8. #8
    Veteran Member The Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southwest, CT
    Posts
    1,779
    WTG Drew on the DB! I have that very same button, lol!
    SPECTRA V3i, BH 505, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

    My Album

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •