Thread: Stay out of the paddock.........Don't go digging down there.

Stay out of the paddock.........Don't go digging down there.

Got out with Del and the Yingling brothers, Rick and Ron, yesterday. It was a beautiful Sunday in the woods of New England. I was very nervous towards the end of the day because I hadn't made that one good find and time was running out. I decided to hit what we call "The Paddock" in a last ditch effort. The Paddock is pretty quiet except for iron now so I cranked the Deus up to around 28khz hoping to squeak out a military cuff button that may have been missed. I was amazed that the Deus locked onto an 85 signal that ended up being 8 - 9 inches deep. It was a coat size 1808 - 1821 1st Regiment Script Light Infantry button! I found two of the cuff size "LA" buttons last week so I'm really stoked to get one of the bigger ones. I'm also amazed at the power of the Deus.Name:  131478757_10218435380859435_8084177849080201169_n.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  69.3 KBName:  131341971_10218434477196844_5255572365858001826_n.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  90.0 KBName:  131366405_10218434476876836_7089624322621216971_n.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  92.3 KB
    XP Deus

Good work there Donnie. It's one thing to dig an iffy signal but I can't tell you how many times I have hit a pounded site and get a solid signal and I say to my self "no way, this sounds too good to have been missed in the past".
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Good work there Donnie. It's one thing to dig an iffy signal but I can't tell you how many times I have hit a pounded site and get a solid signal and I say to my self "no way, this sounds too good to have been missed in the past".
    This one was a solid signal but it was deep. I wouldn't call it iffy. It was faint but I got an indication on the X/Y screen that looked good and was signaling a deep good tone. Last week, one of my LA cuff buttons was just like you said above. It was loud, solid, great X/Y and was obviously missed in the past.
    XP Deus

Excellent! Those CT tokens show up from time to time in old places. I wish I titled my thread about the hand grenade the same one you used
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Donnie, is the title of this post from that show "detectorists?" I'm thinking the episode where they think the guy buried his wife out back...
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    Donnie, is the title of this post from that show "detectorists?" I'm thinking the episode where they think the guy buried his wife out back...
    Yes it is. That's where she is! The site where we found the buttons has a rock lined pen that we affectionately call The Paddock. There were multiple buttons found in and around The Paddock. It's quiet now but I found two buttons inside The Paddock on our last trip before the snow including the one posted above. I think Danny was amazed that I found a button in the Paddock. It has been beat up by over a dozen different machines.
    XP Deus

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Excellent! Those CT tokens show up from time to time in old places. I wish I titled my thread about the hand grenade the same one you used
    I love tokens but 1900's transportation tokens are the LAST things I want to find at a colonial cellar hole. How they got there is anyone's guess.
    XP Deus

Nice haul!
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...