Thread: Small Bucket Lister

Small Bucket Lister

A while back I found a little hot spot that produced some very beat-up silver. During that hunt I dug a normal beat up nickel...it sounded around 20, much higher than the 13 nickle vdi on the nox...but not silver high. I'm thinking it might be a coin spill as the higher vid had me curious...nothing. I threw it in my pocket.
    A few days ago, before the snow came, I was headed out to one of my fields, I find the nickel in my jacket. I ran it under water just to clean it and a glint of shine appeared. Sure enough it turned out to be a war nickel!! My first!

The other stuff, guarding Santa's band, is from that field.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Too bad war nickels weren't ox knobs Drew. You would be a millionaire. Who would have thunk that war nickels are harder to find than chicken hawks or Liberty Caps.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

I dug a few years ago and after maybe 15 years I dug 2 this summer. You just never know when you’re gonna hit this stuff. Let’s find some more.
    Dig Colonial or Go Home

Personal Website www.cttodd.com

It is amazing, that after years of detecting, what some people have found or not found, congrats on the first!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token