Thread: No Mercs, Jeff!

No Mercs, Jeff!

Last week's foot of snow was gone after we got two additional inches of rain the other day. Only the top few inches of soil were frozen today, so I was able to get out for some digging.
    The ground was saturated and ready to be detected. I hit a new field for a few hours.
    The Barber was the length of my pinpointer deep!
    Anyone know what that fingernail looking thing is? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 12-28-2020 at 03:52 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Elite Member
    Great looking BARBER. No idea on the relic. I got out the 23rd but I think Wisconsin is shut down for awhile. Congrats on the finds. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Sweet looking Barber Dime! I love it when they have detail like this, and when they're from the 1800s!

The relic looks like it may have been attached to leather?
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Well Drew, sometimes you just have to settle for a Barber. Your Nox likes that deep silver !
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thanks, fellas! Yesterday, this 1822 was found after 5 min of digging, I couldn't believe how deep it was. Almost gave up, thinking it was deep iron. I kept digging as it was a perfect quarter signal from all directions.
    These are all bonus hunts at this time of the year.
    I guess that other thing is some sort of rope guide??
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Interesting relic there Drew. It does appear to be some sort of rope guide as you say. But I've never seen one in that style. It looks to have more wear on the leading edge ? Nice copper too!
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I guess that other thing is some sort of rope guide??
    My brain was trying to convince me that it is part of a roller catch but my brain could be wrong. I couldn't find a match.

Name:  su6901-brn_1.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  13.7 KB
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thanks guys. Yeah, Tony, it could be one of those.
    Here's some better pics.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew