Thread: Pleasant Day

Pleasant Day

Hey everyone,
    I'm not a fan of global warming but I'm happy to be digging in New England on Jan 18th.
    We've already had a nor’eastah and other winter events, but the snow melted days after it fell.
    It rained LIKE CRAZY the other night and my fields we're transformed into a detectorist's dream. Targets jumped into my pouch this morning! ...and they were deep!! I also dug 3 or 4 bird tags, a couple D buckles and some washers.
    Can you read the date on that draped, Dave??

EDIT-Went back today for an hour and got a William the 3rd. Every one of those I've found give themselves away by those pig tails. Also picked up a a 2017 dog tag, and another D buckle.

Thanks for looking! Drew
    PS I finally took the oxshoes off my Nox, I added a 2 lb diver's weight. I'll try it this week....it feels kinda heavy but we'll see.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 01-20-2021 at 04:38 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Great job Drew!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Nice haul!
    Best finds GW Button and John Adams Cufflink.
    Trust in the Lord...

Pleasant day indeed! Great find on the GVLIELMVS III! Is it a 1600's or 1700's ? Interesting set up you got there Drew. Most of us want to lighten our rigs.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thanks, Fellas,
    Jeff... I wouldn't know which year it is or how one could figure that out. I barely know which coin it is. .
    Not knowing much about it, I always guess these coins are from 1694-1702.
    I finally took the ox shoes off the end of my nox, I always thought it looked a bit plebeian, people were starting to talk
    So I put a 2lb divers weight on there, but that is over-kill so I have a 1lb weight coming in.
    I can't understand how great companies like Minelab produce such imbalanced machines. I remember swinging your Deus one time and I thought that was imbalanced too, but all the guts are in your coil, so they have an excuse.
    The best swinging machine I ever used was the T2. Thanks, Bud!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

I hear you Drew. When I retire I am going to invent a universal, fully adjustable detector shaft that will accommodate all brands and body sizes.

Hey what is that find in the upper right?

It's just a suspender part, it looks weird in the pic.
    Hey, I retire in 5 months!
    You think I post too much now!?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Don't worry about global warming. It's cycle always is followed by another ice age. Enjoy the warmth my friend! Love your finds. Wish I could get out!!

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    It's just a suspender part, it looks weird in the pic.
    Hey, I retire in 5 months!
    You think I post too much now!?
    Oh man! Good for you!

I've got the "Steve's Detector Shafts" 1lb counterweight system on my Nox. It's been on there since the day I bought it. One day, I took it off and detecting without it, and made it about 10 steps and put it right back on! I will say that when hunting in the surf of big lakes and the ocean it's no help at all. It's better to have it heavy out in front of you a little bit, so the waves don't get under your coil and pick it up constantly. One thing is for sure. With the weight on it I HAVE TO use the arm strap.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    I've got the "Steve's Detector Shafts" 1lb counterweight system on my Nox. It's been on there since the day I bought it. One day, I took it off and detecting without it, and made it about 10 steps and put it right back on! I will say that when hunting in the surf of big lakes and the ocean it's no help at all. It's better to have it heavy out in front of you a little bit, so the waves don't get under your coil and pick it up constantly. One thing is for sure. With the weight on it I HAVE TO use the arm strap.
    I took that 2lb off and settled on a 1 lb weight. It seems just about right...I haven't tried it in the field yet. Good to know i'll need the strap.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice finds! Love the Draped Bust. Do ox shoes work?
    XP Deus

You should take a photo of the ox shoe modification and send it to Minelab.
    XP Deus