Thread: First Hunt of the Year.

First Hunt of the Year.

I met up with Tony Two-Cent & Noah Saturday for our first hunt of 2021. They both had a pretty good day. Me, not so much. But it was still great getting out after a crappy winter!!

I got a 12-46 high tone at about 5 inches. I dug a 5" plug and to my surprise i pull out an 1888 Indian, then I pulled out about 5 nails. I re-swept the hole and the high tone was still there.
    2" Below the Indian, I pulled out a clad quarter. Very strange!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny
    SILVER COINS
    Life Time 852

Silver 4
    Indian 6, Rosie 4, Merc 4, Barber Dime 1, War nik 1, Buff 1, Walker 1, Slvr Ring 3
    YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Good to see you boys out there swinging again after all the snow and frigid temps as of lately , congrats on the first indian of the year Don

Dan
    XP Deus Ws5 , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Veteran Member
    I would take any of those finds Don. Congrats a great hunt for you guys. Hope there is some video. WD
    Wisconsin Digger
    30 silver - Goal 100 (2021 Finds)1st Morgan Dollar - Barber Half - Walking Half - 1923 SLQ - 10 Indians - 1 "V" nickel - 2 Buffalos

Good to see you out digging again Don! I know you guys had a cold winter. It was very nice of you to let Noah and Tony dig all the silvers. You know how they cry when they don't find any! Only a few more months and then we'll be out road tripping!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic Coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 Pfennig from Bavaria, Germany
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coin EVER: 1625 Escalin from Chateau Renaud, France
    Best Relics: ca. 14th C. Spur, 1500 B.C. Bronze Arrowheads & Spearhead
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

The first of many great hunts this year! So odd about the quarter below the IH. Any thoughts as to why?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

So weird finding a clad quarter and an Indian Head in the same hole! We had a fun day of detecting together, Don! Let's do it again soon. There are a lot more old coins and relics out there waiting for us to find them.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 395 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 67 V Nickels, 122 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 128 Barber Dimes, 386 Mercury Dimes, 240 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 15 Barber Quarters, 17 Standing Liberty Quarters, 86 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Yes, that was a weird way to get your Indian!