Thread: First Hunt of 2021 for Tony Two-Cent

First Hunt of 2021 for Tony Two-Cent

This past Saturday I got out with Digger Don and Noah for some door knocking in a town we had never been to before. The going was slow, we got a lot of friendly yeses but it seemed that every yard had been hunted before. Nevertheless, I came home with a few keepers.
    No jaw-dropping finds but it was great to get out in the sunshine and 58 degree temps!

It was nice to meet up with Don and Tim again for some Illinois detecting!

Name:  KEEPERS.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  131.7 KBName:  CLAD.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  113.4 KBName:  RELICS.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  81.7 KBName:  PRINTING PLATE.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  92.5 KB
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 03-01-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Wow Tony, I'd say you had a spectacular day! Lots of wheaties, Indians, and 4 silvers too. I'm sure the best part was meeting up with Noah and Don. Did you guys get Chinese afterwards? My first outing was also this weekend and all I got was 2 coins, 1972 & 1550.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Elite Member
    Glad to see some huys are getting out. Nice recoveries Tony. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

A 4 silver day is great...especially in February! Well done as usual.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

i’m always impressed by how well you sniff out the silver Tony. And we should’ve gone out for Chinese afterwards. That just would’ve completed the day! Well done!

The shear amount of keepers you find is uncanny. You must dig every few minutes. How was your arm at the end of the day? Also, do you ask owners if anybody has detected before? Amazing!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    The shear amount of keepers you find is uncanny. You must dig every few minutes. How was your arm at the end of the day? Also, do you ask owners if anybody has detected before? Amazing!
    My arm was fine afterwards, but my legs were sore the next day. The owners usually tell us if it's been detected before. Sometimes we ask though.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg