Thread: Humdrum Saturday

Humdrum Saturday

1. Didn’t find much but was happy to get a surprise with a V nickel. The silver spoon was found in a yard that was yielding nothing but melted aluminum from a burn pit so that was a happy surprise as well.
    2. Name:  A4292DE2-D549-430D-814E-A58D8ECCA53B.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  46.1 KB

Well, not your best day ever but at least you didn't get skunked! Looks like a nail was lying on that spoon handle. You should shine it up and then eat your favorite cereal with it!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Look at the bright side, at least your photo isn't sideways!

I haven't found a V Nickel or a silver spoon for a long time so both would be welcome finds for me!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Ya there were a lot of nails in that yard, originally the back yard to the Victorian home. Not far was a burn pit. Everywhere we go seem almost nothing left, even fewer wheat pennies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    Well, not your best day ever but at least you didn't get skunked! Looks like a nail was lying on that spoon handle. You should shine it up and then eat your favorite cereal with it!

The V was under a pine tree, kinda out of reach of Don's coil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Look at the bright side, at least your photo isn't sideways!

I haven't found a V Nickel or a silver spoon for a long time so both would be welcome finds for me!

I really hate when sites have aluminum siding scraps or some such garbage everywhere. How does that V look? The pic is blurry... or my eyes are but it seems to have some good detail. Silver too!
    That spoon must have a company name on the bottom...no? Congrats, Noah!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Good work Noah. Someday I will have to quit detecting in the woods and really learn how to metal detect in modern trash.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

I hate aluminum trash too, and usually retreat when I start finding it. The spoon was the only good find there.
    Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I really hate when sites have aluminum siding scraps or some such garbage everywhere. How does that V look? The pic is blurry... or my eyes are but it seems to have some good detail. Silver too!
    That spoon must have a company name on the bottom...no? Congrats, Noah!