Thread: A BIG first

Elite Member

A BIG first

Was having a real dud of a week detecting when out of the blue today a Big silver showed up. Had to change plans today and stay near home and found a Morgan Dollar at a old Park I have pounded. I must of walked over this coin a bunch of times. It was a solid 33-34 on the Nox and was a very strong signal so maybe the Etrac just didn't like the signal or I thought it was an aluminum can. Who knows, just glad I dug the signal today. At first I thought I had a half which was weird as I thought my 1st silver dolar would of been more obvious. Weird week in that yesterday and today was mostly clad except for the Morgan. Happy in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Congrats on your first Cartwheel ! That's a beauty ! One find that you will surely never forget every detail of .

Wow! A dud of a week just turned into a stud of a week!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

WOW, Great find!!! You don't see those posted very often!!!
    I was up in Wisconsin today doing some door knocking and came home with nothing but a few wheats and some clad.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Elite Member
    Thx guys, I never thought I would find one. Like I said I probably walked over this coin several times. I do believe the Etrac does have some issues with bigger silver so maybe it was just the detector and not the dummy swinging it. Thx WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

I agree that for some detectors big silver can ring up a bit wonky. Almost like a can. I bet though that there were other things in the ground nearby that could have influenced the Etrac. Well done again!

My Morgan was also an 1882. But I got it with the Etrac.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Wow, congrats!!!!
    I sometimes think my old T2 thought things were cans, like shoe buckles, and my Nox tells me to dig. That is a real looker!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Awesome find! How deep?
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Fantastic find, WTG!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Elite Member
    Not overly deep, about 3-4" and I did not see any iron in the hole but did not look to hard once I saw the big silver rim in the dirt. The signal was really strong on the nox and the numbers were good all the way around. WD

Amazing you’re still finding things in parks! I have never found a Morgan.

A silver dollar has been on my bucket list since I was a youngster. Congrats on finding your first! That had to be an awesome feeling! And the fact that it's a Morgan from the 1800s makes it even better.

Amazing find!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg