Found this site about 12 years ago with a couple of buddies. I am estimating at least 150 buttons have come from this site but only 2 coppers! A KGII and an early DB. This cellar hole was in between 2 other sites that produced a good number of early coppers. So we hit it hard with Whites and Minelab machines back then and I have hit it hard since with the XP as well. I call this site the "colonial clothes line site". The vast majority of the buttons were found in a strip about 100 feet long by 15 feet wide. The other interesting thing about this site is that I think we hit it 3 times before we found the actually found the cellar hole on the fourth hunt. It was dug in to the backside of a rocky outcrop on the edge of a swampy area and you could walk within 3 feet of it and not see it.

Anyway, I needed a good hike so I headed out there this morning. Surprisingly it still had some buttons to give up. For you Deus users, I had hit it hard in the past with every coil and setting combo I could.......except for one. Today I used the X35 11" with 4 kHz and Boost. Disc 10, R = 2 or 2.5. Iron volume 3. I used 4 Tones. I assigned a high tone to 93-99 and ignored it for the most part. At a pounded site and at 4 kHz, I had little fear of missing a big copper or silver by ignoring those high tones. Most of the buttons were deep, only a couple had clean signals. I lost a couple of them when I tried to see if I could hear them at at R=3.

Got a couple of mystery brass items in the upper left. Initially I thought the first was a drawer pull of some sort but now I don't think so.

No ticks yet, but you know they will be here shortly. Stay safe!

Jeff