Thread: Easter hunts produce no gold eggs but get some nice silver ones

Elite Member

Easter hunts produce no gold eggs but get some nice silver ones

Headed to Northern Wisconsin to check out a new Park - it was closed - so I hit some old standbys. I ended up with the nicest SLQ ('23) and a really nice Barber Half ('15 S). The only downer was the highly acidic soil that really eats up the coppers. I found 7 Indians I am not sure I'll even get dates off of. I also picked up 2 Merc's a really nice 1901 Barber dime and a Canadian silver dime. Happy Easter all from Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

All of that in your "standby" park? Wow! The SLQ is my favorite coin....been a couple years since I last found one. I'm really jealous with all that silver in one hunt. Congrats!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Great finds! That SLQ was an EARLY drop for sure. With all that silver I wouldn't even care about the condition of the indians!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

I am amazed by what you are still able to pull out of parks.
    Nice bunch of coins!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Nice silver!
    XP Deus

Elite Member
    Actually this was 3 hunts and different places. The Park I found the Barber Half at is not real big but in several years of hunting (usually clad hunts) I have found 4 silvers. A Merc, a Rosie and 2 silver halves - the Barber and a Walker. I wish all parks had that ratio. The Nox has reopened a lot of parks for me. The Barber was right in the middle of an old ballfield that I've gone over plenty. Almost every park I've revisited has produced silver. Thx guys WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Dang! Two gorgeous silver coins! That 1923 SLQ is a thing of beauty! Rarely do we see those early ones in that kind of shape. Nice!

The 1915-S Barber Half is nothing to sneeze at either! That was the last date of the Barber Halves, they didn't make them in 1916.

Awesome finds!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg