Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detecting Trip Bonanza

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Re: Detecting Trip Bonanza

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! I wish we had coins like that in the ground around here, you New Englanders have it nice.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Very inspiring. Next hunt, I'll be running my E-Trac blazing hot to coax coins out of my park. I know they are there, they are just really really deep.

Great stuff, Angel! Thanks so much for sharing!

Regards, Ken
    Minelab E-Trac, stock coil

Hey not bad Decided to coax some of them coppers to the surface That '97 is a gorgeous coin and worth some bucks too!!! What a great couple of days you had. Nice coppers and some really nice Seated coins. Hats off to you That is an amazing hunt, even for Angel standards I bet you never imagined those results before you started to hunt. I guess them parks are just as good or better than the local ones. Great hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said?

Except this Just kidding!

Truly amazing finds, Angel. You and that machine are one. It is inspiring to know that such success can be had, with the experience and knowledge. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. It really does help.
    Thanks, Angie. It really is encouraging to know that that not all parks and other sites have been completely cleaned out. It does take a bit more work and effort to find them, but it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Do you find any variation in the numbers for shallow vs. deeper targets? Or do the remain the same?
    Do you mean the Fe/Co numbers? Yes, absolutely. The shallower targets will yield much more consistent and even numbers, but that is not so with the very deep targets. The Fe number do bounce significantly, bouncing from between 6 and 24. The Co numbers do tend to be more consistent, though there is still a good amount of bounce compared to shallower targets. I rely primarily on the tones/signals when hitting on the deep targets though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fighter 43 View Post
    YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! I wish we had coins like that in the ground around here, you New Englanders have it nice.
    It is a part of the country with a lot of rich history, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by kenfen View Post
    Very inspiring. Next hunt, I'll be running my E-Trac blazing hot to coax coins out of my park. I know they are there, they are just really really deep.

Great stuff, Angel! Thanks so much for sharing!

Regards, Ken
    You may just surprise yourself, Ken. Those old sites of yours should yield some nice keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Hey not bad Decided to coax some of them coppers to the surface That '97 is a gorgeous coin and worth some bucks too!!! What a great couple of days you had. Nice coppers and some really nice Seated coins. Hats off to you That is an amazing hunt, even for Angel standards I bet you never imagined those results before you started to hunt. I guess them parks are just as good or better than the local ones. Great hunt
    I love that '97 one. I had made the trip hoping to find three to five old silver coins during each of the days I planned to detect, but I had absolutely no idea that I would end up with so many coppers.

Simply friggin amazing!!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Angel,
    What would you estimate the average depth you were digging...just starting to worry that my brand new E-Trac may require sticks of dynamite to get through the first couple layers.
    DFX, 6x10dd, 5.3, stock 950. 120mm pp. E-Trac, Garrett PP

Holy Moly Angel, you Metal Detecting finds never quit amazing me, I got yourself a hell of a machine, and know what to listen for!!! 12 coins... I couldn't even come close with the DFX.. great Job!!

hey angel i forgot to mention depending on that counter stamp mark on the obverse of that matron head LC that may very well be one of the more valuable coins in that group. i dug a matron head counterstamped M.TIDD WOBURN in upstate ny and found out from mark parker from western & eastern treasure magazine that Marshall Tidd Woburn Mass was a gunsmith who outfitted civil war regimental sharpshooters during the war. there were only about 50 known to exist of my counterstamped coin and placed a value of $250 on it.
    just letting you know
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow, Angel, that was a killer copper site! Unbelievable! The most we got in one day was 13. Killer!

Kirk

Thank you for the comments and kind expressions everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Myownwings View Post
    Angel,
    What would you estimate the average depth you were digging...just starting to worry that my brand new E-Trac may require sticks of dynamite to get through the first couple layers.
    On the coppers, the shallowest was at about 8 1/2 and the deepest at about 12. On the deepest coins I did not pick up a signal from my X-1 probe until about nine to ten inches of soil had been dug up. I estimate the average depth on the coppers to have been about ten inches.

Quote Originally Posted by catskillcomics View Post
    Holy Moly Angel, you Metal Detecting finds never quit amazing me, I got yourself a hell of a machine, and know what to listen for!!! 12 coins... I couldn't even come close with the DFX.. great Job!!
    Thanks, Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    hey angel i forgot to mention depending on that counter stamp mark on the obverse of that matron head LC that may very well be one of the more valuable coins in that group. i dug a matron head counterstamped M.TIDD WOBURN in upstate ny and found out from mark parker from western & eastern treasure magazine that Marshall Tidd Woburn Mass was a gunsmith who outfitted civil war regimental sharpshooters during the war. there were only about 50 known to exist of my counterstamped coin and placed a value of $250 on it.
    just letting you know
    That's a sweet one, Dave! That counterstamp has nice sharp details. Two of the coppers I dug up do have counterstamps. The 1797 has a K, and the 1837 has J. Vaughn. They do add value to the coins, and I'm hoping these particular counterstamps are of the rarer variety. Thanks, Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by KirkPA View Post
    Wow, Angel, that was a killer copper site! Unbelievable! The most we got in one day was 13. Killer!

Kirk
    Thank you, Kirk! It was a fun hunt for sure.

well thanks Angel , thanks for tremendous feeling i get of personal inadequacy with my detector anyone else get that same feeling after seeing his posts it took me a while to reply to this post as i had to reflect on my detecting prowse , that and i would just about get sick everytime i read this thread because you got 20 coppers in one day and it took me until this time this year to achieve this number . i've come to the conculsion that i suck so i'll be opening up a knitting / baking class for anyone else that feels the same way i do . Dave ,George , i know i'll see you two there .

seriously Angel , truely an incredible hunt that gives me hope that there are still great finds hidden in our areas and within our reach , one just has to be patient , focus your attention and know the language of our machines , some research and a little luck doesn't hurt either . congrats again my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    well thanks Angel , thanks for tremendous feeling i get of personal inadequacy with my detector anyone else get that same feeling after seeing his posts it took me a while to reply to this post as i had to reflect on my detecting prowse , that and i would just about get sick everytime i read this thread because you got 20 coppers in one day and it took me until this time this year to achieve this number . i've come to the conculsion that i suck so i'll be opening up a knitting / baking class for anyone else that feels the same way i do . Dave ,George , i know i'll see you two there .

seriously Angel , truely an incredible hunt that gives me hope that there are still great finds hidden in our areas and within our reach , one just has to be patient , focus your attention and know the language of our machines , some research and a little luck doesn't hurt either . congrats again my friend.

Thanks, Dan! It sure was a fun few days. It was one of those once in a lifetime hunts. I will always remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    i've come to the conculsion that i suck so i'll be opening up a knitting / baking class for anyone else that feels the same way i do . Dave ,George , i know i'll see you two there .
    Ah.... Sign me up too

Holy smokes Angel !! Thats just sick man !!
    I hope to have at least one hunt like that before I die
    I don't know what else to say other than Sweet Hunt !!
    Congrats

Had to be the hunt of a lifetime. I just couldn't imagine anything on that level. A very well done bud.

just so everybody knows the token is daniel webster hard times token i found on the research section in this forum. its pretty cool! wild willy

Quote Originally Posted by milco View Post
    You could follow him every where you want and even detect right behind him, but I still don't think any of us could keep up with the silver and copper count!
    I don't want to detect behind him, talk about a baren waste land!! I want to piggy-back by head phones and listen to his signals he's digging!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com