Thread: I'm back!

I'm back!

Hello everyone!

I know it's been quite a while since I've been posting, so thought to drop an update on what I've been up to the past year or so.

The start of 2020 really put me in a bad place. Lost the lease on my home suddenly (no fault of my own-owner decided to sell and gave me 30 days notice). This of course cost me my internet and basically forced me offline for quite a while. Then of course the lock down hit, and made finding a place to live impossible. Work took a nosedive and cut me to under 20 hours a week until I later found a new job amid the pandemic fiasco. Just glad I'm an "essential" worker.

Anyhow, haven't been out detecting most of last year, and when I did get out found nothing of note. Just modern junk and clad. Of course my start-up business also went into a coma due to everything. But some better things have been happening too. Although I finally got the car I always wanted (2018 Mustang GT) towards the end on 2019, I only had one chance to get it on the track. But it was still pretty awesome, and have plans to get back out to the track this year now things are opening back up. Still, time is tight to fit in all the fun stuff. I did manage to pick up one more car last year (2019 Challenger Hellcat) only because I got one heck of a deal, so I have been spending some time driving it and learning it better before I really let it cut loose and find out the car's limits. So yeah, cars have become another big hobby.

Recently I started another side business which I hope will be pandemic proof since it's online. I founded a new video sharing Tube site similar to YouTube, but without the politics, censorship, or overcrowding of millions of new uploads every day. It's targeted towards actual creators making short indie films, CGI animations, full movies, and pretty much anything else with any entertainment value. Just as long as it's not something like boring news shows, tictoc junk, or "influencers". So if you would like to post your detecting videos, feel free to sign up and post them-I would live to see them on the site! Drop by www.vidhooley.com and register. It's free! If there's a demand for it, I could always add a specific category for detecting, but if you just want to create your own channel, it works the same as YouTube.

As for detecting, I have lots of plans to get out this year hopefully. I miss making some good finds and making some videos documenting them. I see I've got a lot of catching up to do on the posts here too, which I hope to get to as time allows. And I'm looking forward seeing to everyone else's cool finds this year!

Good luck and happy digging!
    -DoD
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Name:  20200828_125206.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  58.9 KB

Forgot to post the car pic...lol
    Equipment:

So glad to see a post from you, DO'D! I hope things are on the upswing for you. It sounds like you have some amazing cars that would get you to some detecting sites in record time!

We hope to hear from you more often and if you get out detecting let us know how you do.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Long time no see, Chris!! Welcome back! I'm glad you made it through the pandemic healthy. Those are some handsome cars! Look forward to hearing from you again!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

No censorship? Wonder how long that will last!! I will check it out since Twitter, and Youtube have me permanently banned. THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    No censorship? Wonder how long that will last!! I will check it out since Twitter, and Youtube have me permanently banned. THANKS!!
    I have my own dedicated server, so no worries about big brother! Just as long as the content is reasonably clean. (no adult content, nothing illegal, and no personal attacks)

Heck, I've been so busy working and doing the site I forgot to migrate my own detecting vids over.... Got that fixed now
    Equipment:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    So glad to see a post from you, DO'D! I hope things are on the upswing for you. It sounds like you have some amazing cars that would get you to some detecting sites in record time!

We hope to hear from you more often and if you get out detecting let us know how you do.
    I will certainly do that! Just have a hard time bringing myself to put muddy equipment into either car, but either way you're right. The Hellcat is especially fast getting on site with 717 Hp and a 200 mph top end....
    Equipment:

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Long time no see, Chris!! Welcome back! I'm glad you made it through the pandemic healthy. Those are some handsome cars! Look forward to hearing from you again!
    Thanks Drew! I've been fortunate enough to not even know anyone personally who got the bug. And yes, the cars are awesome. The Challenger is awesome for cruising, especially on the freeway or long straight lines. Not bad cornering either for a big boat. But the Mustang is the best on fast tight corners, and getting better with each mod.
    Equipment:

Get out there!
    XP Deus

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie B View Post
    Get out there!

I'm working on finding the time, especially with so much left undone the past year or so. Only "detecting" done lately was with the radar detector!
    Equipment:

"DOD back in the house" ! welcome back !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    "DOD back in the house" ! welcome back !

Thanks Dan! Can't wait to get out and start finding things again. Tired of being cooped up all the time at work or at home.
    Equipment:

Glad you're back and I hope you make some incredible finds!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger