Hello everyone!

I know it's been quite a while since I've been posting, so thought to drop an update on what I've been up to the past year or so.

The start of 2020 really put me in a bad place. Lost the lease on my home suddenly (no fault of my own-owner decided to sell and gave me 30 days notice). This of course cost me my internet and basically forced me offline for quite a while. Then of course the lock down hit, and made finding a place to live impossible. Work took a nosedive and cut me to under 20 hours a week until I later found a new job amid the pandemic fiasco. Just glad I'm an "essential" worker.

Anyhow, haven't been out detecting most of last year, and when I did get out found nothing of note. Just modern junk and clad. Of course my start-up business also went into a coma due to everything. But some better things have been happening too. Although I finally got the car I always wanted (2018 Mustang GT) towards the end on 2019, I only had one chance to get it on the track. But it was still pretty awesome, and have plans to get back out to the track this year now things are opening back up. Still, time is tight to fit in all the fun stuff. I did manage to pick up one more car last year (2019 Challenger Hellcat) only because I got one heck of a deal, so I have been spending some time driving it and learning it better before I really let it cut loose and find out the car's limits. So yeah, cars have become another big hobby.

Recently I started another side business which I hope will be pandemic proof since it's online. I founded a new video sharing Tube site similar to YouTube, but without the politics, censorship, or overcrowding of millions of new uploads every day. It's targeted towards actual creators making short indie films, CGI animations, full movies, and pretty much anything else with any entertainment value. Just as long as it's not something like boring news shows, tictoc junk, or "influencers". So if you would like to post your detecting videos, feel free to sign up and post them-I would live to see them on the site! Drop by www.vidhooley.com and register. It's free! If there's a demand for it, I could always add a specific category for detecting, but if you just want to create your own channel, it works the same as YouTube.

As for detecting, I have lots of plans to get out this year hopefully. I miss making some good finds and making some videos documenting them. I see I've got a lot of catching up to do on the posts here too, which I hope to get to as time allows. And I'm looking forward seeing to everyone else's cool finds this year!

Good luck and happy digging!
-DoD