Thread: My Last Hunt in Germany

My Last Hunt in Germany

Hello Friends,
    I made the 2-hour drive this weekend to hunt with my German friends and we stumbled across a GREAT location! So much medieval activity! I suspect this area had never been detected either since we were finding so many great targets. The forest was quite dense in places and I had to fight many small trees just to get around. As I was working up the hill I got my first good target and it turned out to be a mangled Celtic bracelet (circa 900 to 500 B.C.). The top of the hill must have been a medieval settlement with animal pens. I bet we found a dozen medieval horseshoes between us and a BUNCH of medieval relics. This was my last detecting adventure in Germany. I made so many great finds this last 3 years but more importantly I made great friends and great memories. Here is some pics. I hope you enjoy. Be sure to comment down below and smash that like button! LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images             
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

AMAZING!!!!
    Dave, thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure with us! Your collection will be better than many museums.
    I'd guess those shoe buckles may be 1600s??
    Sad those newlyweds had to live through the next few years in Germany.
    Astounding you found that crotal on the surface!!
    I hope you have a good trip home and are still happy to find the occasional Rosey when you get there
    Thanks, Dave!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I'd guess those shoe buckles may be 1600s?? Sad those newlyweds had to live through the next few years in Germany.
    Drew, you are correct. 2 of the shoe buckles are in the 1670 to 1720 range while the bigger one is probably 1750's. The wedding ring set is very thought provoking. How does 2 silver rings end up in the middle of the woods and only a few inches apart. I can only think it must be a very sad story. 1930's Germany was extremely poor as they were still paying off the debt of WW1. These rings probably meant a lot to the owners. I hope whomever lost them was not suffering in some way. Thanks for all your kind words and comments on all my posts over the last 3 years. It has been an exciting adventure for sure!
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)

Wow what a great way to end your Germany adventure! A little of everything. You have found some truly historical and amazing things over there for sure! Congrats and welcome back to the land of the wheat cents and rosies!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Elite Member
    Great finds (history). It is always amazing to wonder the last person to touch the item. For me it may only be 100 years or so but these items stretch back 500 - 600 years. Amazing stuff as usual. safe travels. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

My mind is blown, Dave! There are so many spectacular finds in this post! Even the iron objects are fascinating. It's difficult to pick a favorite but I love that crotal bell! I've never seen one like it. So ornate! Those clothing hooks are wonderful also. Such a personal item. You have so much history in this one post!

Will you try to straighten out that Celtic bronze bracelet or leave it as is? Man, that is old!

Those silver wedding rings really get your imagination working, don't they? If only they could talk.

Sorry you have to come back to The States and once again find Wheat Cents and Mercury Dimes with me and Don!

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Will you try to straighten out that Celtic bronze bracelet or leave it as is? Man, that is old!
    It's mind boggling to think that bracelet had been in the ground at least 500 years when Jesus walked the earth! I will not attempt to straighten it. It has been in that position over 2,500 years and that's just fine by me. As for detecting with you, I'm looking forward to it even though it will probably be me finding the wheat pennies and you finding the Mercury dimes!

Simply stunning finds. Congrats.
    XP Deus

I love seeing what you put in here. The history of these items and wondering who dropped them so many years ago and why.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.