Thread: Pre retirement hunt

Elite Member

Pre retirement hunt

June 1st is my last day in the work field but I've been taking a lot of vacation time in May. Today I had a Dentist appointment and hit an old Park by the big lake and had a nice day. I found 2 silver spills. First one was a Merc and Rosie and the 2nd was 2 Washingtons about a foot apart. Also picked up a Rosie and 6 wheats. I plan on taking the rest of the week off so I hope to get a few more hunts in. Awaiting retirement in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Digger
    Must of been a wet area as 4 of the silver were pretty black but they cleaned up nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

CONGRATS!!! I go two weeks after you! We're going to be posting a lot more soon
    Great amount of silver!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Congrats on the silver and retirement! Man you already kill it on silver and now you can hunt lots more! The silver is not safe in Wisconsin.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Elite Member
    My biggest concern on retirement is learning how to be a spender rather than a earner (saver), That is a tough thing to overcome but the rest is GREAT. Drew, congrats on your retirement as well. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

You earn money for every clad you pull out of the ground for spending money. Congrats on the finds! Silver by the big lake can be tough to get.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Congrats on your retirement!!
    I guess now we'll be seeing a lot more posts of all the great finds you dig.
    Relax & Enjoy!!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Elite Member
    Thx, I thought I would be detecting more but I have only been out once since I retired. Retirement is a lot more time consuming than I thought. WD