I have had great success the last 3 weeks or so detecting. I rediscovered an old park I had given up on as all fill but I decided to try again and go really slow and been rewarded with a bunch of 1800's coins. 4 of the Indians and that Canadian LC from 1888 came at this park. The oldest coin from there was a well preserved 1864 indian. It has an old dent/scratch on her cheek and ribbon where the L would be. So I am not sure if it is the L version or not. I know that the tip of the bust line is sharp on the L version and rounded off more on the regular version but I can't tell for sure. But it is a pretty one and any indian that cleans up well puts a smile on my face.

Name:  1864.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  87.6 KB
Name:  oldies.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  96.2 KB

The gold ring came on a Memorial Day hunt at another very old park. It came up as a fairly solid 10 and when I dug it there were 2 nails with it. A very nice surprise to see. It was at least 8 inches down and is VERY small so it is a baby or kids ring for sure. 14K gold.

Name:  gold 2.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  50.2 KB
Name:  gold.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  74.1 KB

Also found 4 silvers and some buttons during the hunt. And a pristine square nail with some mint luster on it among other old relics. The other silvers I found during my lunch breaks.

Name:  silvers.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  96.0 KB
Name:  relics.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  118.9 KB

Thanks for looking. Jared