Thread: Greetings from overseas

Greetings from overseas

Hello everybody,

Thanks for joining the Forum.
    I am 34 years old and from Southgermany. For some time now I have been interested in archaeological excavations and finds. Along with a lot of interest in American history. In particular about the time of the civil war. In the future I am also planning a tour to the most important places.

I would be happy to look at some objects here and I can also show something from my homeland.

In addition I am interested in metal conservation. I would therefore be happy to help with questions about object conservation and cleaning. Excuse my bad English. I have to improve it.
    A lot of time has passed since school. I hope to learn something here too.

Best regards

Dave
    Last edited by Menzl; 06-22-2021 at 03:35 AM.

Welcome, Dave!!
    So glad you joined us! We have another Dave from the states who's been in Germany the last few years. He's done very well detecting there, where there's history
    Thanks so much for offering your expertise in cleaning, too! I know I'll take you up on it as I'm pathetic.
    Do you detect?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

In Germany it is not that easy to detect. There are some laws to regulate it. It's more relaxed in the south of the country. The permission of the farmer or owner of the property is given here. Sometimes I do it that way. The majority of the finds here date from the 18th and 19th centuries. That is my experience.

Welcome to the forum, Dave! We are glad you joined us!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Hello Dave , welcome to the forum ! we enjoy seeing what our friends in Europe uncover many of us are envious of the ancient history beneath your feet. Again welcome .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album