Thread: Last few hunts

Last few hunts

Haven't gotten out much but here are finds from last few hunts. Eyeballed a nice gun flint and little medicine bottle while digging holes. The copper on the right is a toasted William III. Pretty sure it is a 1699.

Any guesses on what the black object on the left is would be appreciated. It says "6MM", and the slot is spring operated.

Jeff
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Elite Member
    Nice batch of relics, thx for posting. Seems like no one is doing much detecting in August. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Congrats on the coppers , relics and what appears to be a 6 millimeter cartridge magazine for a pistol .

Nice finds Jeff its good to see you out , labor day marks the restart of my detecting season .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    Congrats on the coppers , relics and what appears to be a 6 millimeter cartridge magazine for a pistol .
    I would have to agree with "CT" on this one , it looks very close to a Beretta elite II Co2 pistol magazine Beretta Elite II 6mm CO2 Airsoft Pistol BB Magazine (airarmsports.com)

"Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks Gents....and thanks for the ID. I thought it might be some sort of handgun magazine but never considered CO2. Yep looking forward to the cooler weather Dan.

Great finds! I especially like the fork on the left and the 18th century buckle. many buttons you have found! Is the right silver or arsenic bronze?
    Many greetings

Thanks Menzl. The button on the right is tombac alloy. Mostly copper/zinc, but could contain other metals and semi-metals such tin, lead, arsenic etc.