Thread: Road Trip to Wisconsin paid Off

Road Trip to Wisconsin paid Off

Noah and i decided to take a road trip up over the border into Wisconsin Saturday.
    The first house of the day produced an Indian then the next few houses produced nothing.
    While driving around, we noticed a house that we bot h figured has been pounded over the years, but Noah wanted to give it a shot so he went to the door and got us a yes!

This is the 1871 house that we hit. The left side was shady with trees, the right side we left for next time.
    Attachment 69464

In the 2 1/2 hours that we were there I dug 2 barber quarters, 2 Indians, an 1865 two cent piece, 3 wheats and an old padlock

Attachment 69459

Attachment 69460Attachment 69461
    Attachment 69462Attachment 69463

On the way home, we stopped and did an old farmhouse where I got a 2 merc spill..

I had a hard time uploading the photos, sorry they're out of order
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Digger Don; 07-05-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Great day Don! 2 cent piece looks great!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Two barber quarters is pretty stellar!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

I should say so!!!! WOW, great finds Don! Happy 4th too!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Elite Member
    Don, your doing better in Wisconsin then I am. Great hunt, nice variety of coins and relics. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Great coins Don but that dated padlock is the da bomb! I've never seen one like it before. Congrats my friend. I sure am looking forward to taking a road trip with you real soon!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    Great coins Don but that dated padlock is the da bomb! I've never seen one like it before. Congrats my friend. I sure am looking forward to taking a road trip with you real soon!
    It won't be long!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Felt a little guilty "bottom feeding" on your side, and getting the standing Liberty. But you got me back with your 2 Cent Piece. It was a great day. Happy Independence Day!

Amazing hunt, Don! You were due and I knew it would happen. What a yard! Twin Barber Quarters in one yard is a rare accomplishment, and it sounds like Tim got an SLQ there as well. That's when you know a yard hasn't been detected before. Like Dave, I love that old 1903 dated padlock! I've never seen one like it before.

The beautiful Two Cent Piece is wonderful icing on the cake! It must have been fairly new when it was dropped as the rims are still sharp and there is almost no wear to the coin. Awesome!

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg