Thread: Dandy buttons?

Dandy buttons?

Hello and have a nice sunday. I often read about so-called dandy buttons here. I think this term is really excellent. I will get into the habit of calling special buttons that way because we don't have such a nice name for it. Here are three of me. One even with a red gem (actually glass)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Those are some beautiful buttons. Hope the former owners also had some money to loose. I'd bet on it!! Looking forward to what else you recover!

Nice buttons! I also found some with red glass stones. Late 1600's to early 1700's.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    Nice buttons! I also found some with red glass stones. Late 1600's to early 1700's.
    That's great! The buttons look very similar. I would not have thought that this kind of button are so old. Did you find them in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Menzl View Post
    I would not have thought that this kind of button are so old. Did you find them in Germany?
    Yes, I found them in Bavaria in the same plowed field. They are "blow hole" buttons.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Oh yes the Bavarian fields. Unfortunately, at the time all are still overgrown but soon the hunt starts again. Have you seen my post about the village field? There should be some acquaintances of yours who are often found in the fields.

Great finds Menzl! Congratulations!!!!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

here on the east coast we find lots of "Dandies" , they help us date the site we're detecting as most were popular from the 1760's to about 1810 . these are just the fancy designed ones i've found over the years , i probably have a bit more that are plain in another case .

DanName:  fancy dandy button display.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  80.2 KB
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Most interesting! These buttons look just like the ones in Europe. Especially often seem to be the ones with the round line patterns. I also have many of them. Thanks for the great picture del!