Thread: Scored another Silver Quarter

Scored another Silver Quarter

I've been back to the old school twice since my last trip there with my Granddaughter for a total of about 5+1/2 hrs. . Last night I gave the Nox a rest and took out the old M6 with a Detech 6x8 coil . My best finds where a Boy Scout Neckerchief slide with a wolf on it and 6 wheats .Other stuff was a few more foreign coins , 2 more of those Aluminum Shell Presidential tokens , a clad quarter , 9 copper Memorials and of course some trash .
    Tonight I brought out the old Explorer SE with a 6x8 Detech coil on the last dig of the night I scored this 1940
    Washington it was under several layers of some remaining Ivy roots and a real bear to dig up very close to another one of those Shell Presidential tokens . It was a really pleasant surprise and it was the first time I ever got silver after a backbreaking , deeper root dig , usually it turns out to be crap .Tonight's other finds
    were a clad quarter, 2 wheats , 2 memorials , two more Shell tokens and an English 2 pence coin .
    Here's some before and after pictures pictured of good old George .
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Nice score! Sometimes it’s nice to bring out one of your old detectors to play with.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Elite Member
    Congrats on the silver quarter. Do you have a full set of the Shell Tokens yet? WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

George is scoring on the the silver Georges! Congrats!!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Silver is always a good find! I really hate digging those presidential tokens because they sound like silver and even look like it when you first see them in the hole!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknut View Post
    Nice score! Sometimes it’s nice to bring out one of your old detectors to play with.
    Thanks Bucknut , it sure is !

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin digger View Post
    Congrats on the silver quarter. Do you have a full set of the Shell Tokens yet? WD
    Thanks WD , not yet and it's for sure not om my bucket list !

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    George is scoring on the the silver Georges! Congrats!!!
    Thanks Drew , it's been since before the Pandemic that I dug one .

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    Silver is always a good find! I really hate digging those presidential tokens because they sound like silver and even look like it when you first see them in the hole!
    Thanks FMD , I agree and this place is loaded with them ! I didn't dig one on todays 2hr. hunt though .

TODAYS HUNT

Today I used the Nox with the 6" Coil . I Dug all targets . Lots of junk ( not pictured ) but I actually found some targets ( more than I expected )

I added some pictures and everything but the Boy Scout Neckerchief slide was found on this hunt .The slide was from the other night but I thought it was so cool I'd post it with today's finds .
    I added a silver dime to the pot today and all three pennies are Wheat . Got some Mexican coins too . I will be hunting this place as much as I can while it's available , it's a nice patch of ground and I believe there's a few ,more good items left .
    Attached Images Attached Images