Thread: Raining Again!

Raining Again!

The rain has been depressing but the soil is POPPING!

This site has produced some cool stuff but nothing old has come from the half acre surrounding the house. The ground has been moved and top soil brought in. Today I worked this area. Everything was DEEP! The 1931 McCormick International Harvester token was a FOOT deep.
    I can't believe I found THREE registration tags... a few days after I found one other.
    The round part first appeared about 9 inches down. I thought I had a large crotal so I dug like an archaeologist. Once I saw the tail I knew I had a hame. I worked that hole for 15 min. Its only the second one I've ever found!
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice work Drew , congrats on your finds .You sure take some great pictures .The ground I'm digging in presently is so dry it quickly gets under my coil covers and makes them difficult to remove for cleaning . The weather report was for possible thunderstorms in the next few days .We shall see .

Nice bunch of digs Drew. Yeah weather has sucked all month. I dug a hame some years back. I still might make it into a stylish walking stick someday. If someone tries to accost you, that knob would put a nice dent in their noggin.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."