Thread: Second trip to oldest house in my city

Second trip to oldest house in my city

Yes, I am a slacker when it comes to posting finds. I just cross my fingers hoping the photos come out in the right direction for you guys. One 1887 IHP. Couple buckles, an old metal toy truck that has France on the back of it. Looks somewhat crudely made. No idea on what type of brand it is. 2 iron spoon bowls. Lantern piece. The circle object is solid brass, pretty heavy for it's size (little bigger than a silver dollar), and last looks like an iron shoe horn. I spent about 4 hours here this time and found a bunch of flashing and other garbage we all find. Then I found the old fire pit and stayed in this spot for about 1 hour and got all of these within 100 sq. feet. Discouraging day to start, but ended well. I will be going back this weekend and try to post sooner next time. Good luck out there everyone!
    Name:  Wm Hicks fire pit.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  73.1 KBName:  ihp.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  53.2 KB
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Name:  toy truck.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  69.2 KB Bottom of toy truck. About 1.5" long.

That IH looks terrific! I hate flashing and other high conducting garbage. When do you use your ATpro as opposed to the 3030?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

It's always good to find those old relics! I hate those little roof nails for the slate tiles! They ring up exactly like Indian Head Cents. Some old yards are just full of them from where the slate tiles were replaced with shingles. Best wishes and happy digging, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Congrats ! Nice going on the relics and the Indian Head . I was hoping to possibly find Indian at my present hunt site but it doesn't look like it's going to happen . If it does , I hope it's "Zit free" like yours .

Elite Member
    Congrats on the relics and Indians. A bit rainy in cheeseville last night. That should loosen up some ground. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Thanks Everyone. Sorry for not responding sooner. Homeowner life kicked in big time this week. Storm damage and my blower in attic for AC started leaking and messed up my hall/closet etc. Very aggravating couple weeks.

@OxShoeDrew - Right now I don't have my AT Pro for I am loaning it to a friend of mine in TX who let me hunt his property 2 years ago. Honestly though, I almost exclusively use my 3030. I see no reason to use my AT Pro anymore since I got incredibly good at the beeps of the CTX3030.