Thread: Gold and lots of silver coins!

Gold and lots of silver coins!

I was up at my cottage where I usually do a lot of relic detecting but while up there the water was so calm all of last week that I took the jetski to a beach site about 5 miles away. I knew it had some potential for jewelry so I thought I would give it a try. The first morning I got there and only found a junker ring after an hour. Then I dug up a 4 signal which turned out to be a 10k gold ring...it is tiny! It looked so good in the scoop and gave me a boost to keep digging all of the pull tabs!

Name:  Gold 10K.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  103.2 KB

Then over the next 30-45 minutes I found a section that had silver coins in it. I dug 3 mercs, a silver rosie and 2 silver Washingtons. I was pretty excited to try again. I hunted that beach the next 2 mornings and spent a total of 6-7 hours there. I found another 3 mercs, and a silver rosie and a silver Washington for a total of 11 silver coins. I did not find any silver jewelry though which surprises me but it is probably there, just have to go back next year. I am thinking that this place has only been lightly detected if at all...there are lots of targets.

Name:  beach silvers.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  88.8 KB

The coins all came out heavily tarnished and I cleaned them up a little bit.

Thanks for looking! Jared
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Awesome hunts Bucknut ! Congratulations ! You really kicked some serious butt ! Cool ring and a very impressive stash of silver . I love that Merc to Rosie ratio . My Merc to Rosie ratio tends to be pretty close to the exact opposite of yours . It's great that you ventured out and discovered a new productive spot . A nice post with good finds , hunt description and photos . I'm sure you will have more success at that location .

Great water hunt ! Congrats on the silver and gold !!! If you research old water holes like this one you will have endless hunts just like this ! Hunting water reminds me of how land hunting was back in the 80's with great stuff everywhere. Awesome post.
    PP
    White's V3i & MX Sport TRX Pinpointer

Congrats! That is a GREAT haul of silver and some gold too! Best wishes and happy digging, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknut View Post
    I was up at my cottage where I usually do a lot of relic detecting but while up there the water was so calm all of last week that I took the jetski to a beach site about 5 miles away. I knew it had some potential for jewelry so I thought I would give it a try. The first morning I got there and only found a junker ring after an hour. Then I dug up a 4 signal which turned out to be a 10k gold ring...it is tiny! It looked so good in the scoop and gave me a boost to keep digging all of the pull tabs!

Name:  Gold 10K.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  103.2 KB

Then over the next 30-45 minutes I found a section that had silver coins in it. I dug 3 mercs, a silver rosie and 2 silver Washingtons. I was pretty excited to try again. I hunted that beach the next 2 mornings and spent a total of 6-7 hours there. I found another 3 mercs, and a silver rosie and a silver Washington for a total of 11 silver coins. I did not find any silver jewelry though which surprises me but it is probably there, just have to go back next year. I am thinking that this place has only been lightly detected if at all...there are lots of targets.

Name:  beach silvers.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  88.8 KB

The coins all came out heavily tarnished and I cleaned them up a little bit.

Thanks for looking! Jared
    With all those coins there’s definitely more yellow in there. Keep banging out those low and mid tones ..

Elite Member
    That's encouraging as I plan on taking my water scoop upnorth and trying some of those beaches. Great batch of coins and congrats on the gold. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Woohoo! Way to go Bucknut!!! Love seeing all the silver and great find on that small gold ring.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.