Hi Everyone,

I am not affiliated with any metal detecting company and currently own ATPro and CTX3030. I have Garret carrot pinpointers and Minelab yellow (I forgot which model since I really don't like it).

Anyway, the point of this post is that I had a 5 year old carrot that went to heck. I could hear something rattling on the inside and it was very sporadic. Needless to say, I beat the heck out of these. They are my 3rd shovel. I bought another carrot as a backup (it now has the o-ring on the cap lower so to me is a much better position. I was having issues with this new one. Every time I would bring the tip of the unit above horizontal, it would go off.

I sent both units back. The old one's serial number was completely worn away (I told them they could keep it and I didn't need it fixed). The second one, I asked to have it fixed/replaced.

They replaced both of them with brand new and included Duracell 9V batteries. Way above and beyond what I was expecting and it was all free of charge. Way to go Garrett!!

Just thought I would share that with you guys. With all the negative things we read, sometimes the good stuff is expected and not reported.