Thread: Garrett Customer Service

Garrett Customer Service

Hi Everyone,

I am not affiliated with any metal detecting company and currently own ATPro and CTX3030. I have Garret carrot pinpointers and Minelab yellow (I forgot which model since I really don't like it).

Anyway, the point of this post is that I had a 5 year old carrot that went to heck. I could hear something rattling on the inside and it was very sporadic. Needless to say, I beat the heck out of these. They are my 3rd shovel. I bought another carrot as a backup (it now has the o-ring on the cap lower so to me is a much better position. I was having issues with this new one. Every time I would bring the tip of the unit above horizontal, it would go off.

I sent both units back. The old one's serial number was completely worn away (I told them they could keep it and I didn't need it fixed). The second one, I asked to have it fixed/replaced.

They replaced both of them with brand new and included Duracell 9V batteries. Way above and beyond what I was expecting and it was all free of charge. Way to go Garrett!!

Just thought I would share that with you guys. With all the negative things we read, sometimes the good stuff is expected and not reported.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

That is awesome! Minelab did the same for me about 5 years when they replaced my stock coil for free even though it was a couple years past the warranty.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Good to know Bucknut. Luckily, knock on wood, that I haven't had an issue with a detector yet.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.