Thread: First fall hunt

Threaded View

Elite Member

First fall hunt

Well it is my favorite time of the year to hunt (it actually was a little on the hot side) and I got back to the Park I found the Walker at last week. Started out with a bang as my second hole was a Barber Dime. Things died down after that so I tried the spot in the Park where I found the coins at last week. Not much better there till I dug what I was hoping would be an early Wheatie but turned out to be a funky looking Merc (21-22 on the Nox which is really low number). Was getting ready to leave and had another weak signal that turned out to be a funky looking Barber dime (signal was better though). Right next to the Barber I found a crusty V nickel (maybe a spill). I think I found 5 or 6 crusty wheaties and a pocket full of change. Was a great day to start fall hunting. Stuck on 99 silver which should motivate me on the next hunt. Fall colors are stunning in Wisconsin right now at least in the Northern part. Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes