Thread: Murderer's Knife, Bucket Lister

Murderer's Knife, Bucket Lister

Hey everyone!
    Sorry to have been absent the past few months. We took some vacations around the country.
    Between our trips I did get to do some detecting but there was never enough time to post before heading out again.

The bucket lister is an 1810-20 Haitian military button. They are rare in NE but oddly are found more in the north west US.

The silver butter knife belonged to a locally well known murderer (1910s) whose house was torn down and made into a park. I don't think that was the murder weapon, actually I think it was a gun.
    The spoon is also silver and has a beautiful rose on its bowl.
    The dog tags are 1921,22,23
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Congrats on all the great stuff Drew especially the Murderers knife and the Phoenix button ,

Gee there are some interesting finds for sure! The silver knife and spoon is my favorite.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 800 x2
    2021 Season Totals:
    Clad: $68.58
    Indians: 33
    Wheaties: 198
    Silver: 69
    Silver jewelry: 8
    Gold jewelry: 3
    Favorite 2021 find: Indian Trade ring spill

Veteran Member
    Great finds. Hope there is no bad Karma with the knife. WD
    Wisconsin Digger
    128 silver - Goal 100 (2021 Finds) 1st Morgan Dollar - Barber Half - 2 Walking Halves - 1923, 1925 SLQ - 7 Washingtons - 13 Barber Dimes - 22 Indians - 11 "V" nickel - 19 Buffalos - 366 Wheats - $355.35 (Clad)
    2021 Milestones: 7000 Clad quarters (10 years) 700 Mercury Dimes (10 years) 6500 Clad Dimes (10 years) 1600 silver coins (10 years)

Wonderful variety of old finds, Drew!

The silver knife and spoon are spectacular. How incredible that you found a murderer's butter knife! What a story!

The Haitian military button is intriguing as well! I don't recall seeing one before. Very cool!

I like how you just throw your coppers in a pile like they're unimportant. A Matron Head would be a thrilling find for us here in Illinois.

Congrats on the terrific finds and thank you for sharing them with us!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 405 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 67 V Nickels, 122 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 129 Barber Dimes, 391 Mercury Dimes, 242 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 17 Barber Quarters, 17 Standing Liberty Quarters, 87 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Thanks, Guys.
    I also have a silver fork, Jarred...so now I need to make some dinner.

Thanks so much, George!

Geesh, I hope not WD! I'll go put it back

I knew I had a military button in the field, Tony. I couldn't find which one for the longest time. The bird reminded me of the Austrian double neck but then I saw another example of mine on another forum. Apparently, they were made in Britain and CT but due to the king's suicide, never delivered. I guess they just sold them to people around the US, trying to unload them. Thanks!
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 10-14-2021 at 05:12 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

What a great bunch of finds, love the Button. Any idea on the age of the bottle?
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny
    SILVER COINS
    Life Time 873

21 Don & Al combined
    Silver 50
    Indian 24, Large cent 2, Two cent 1, Trime 1, Rosie 11, Merc 18, Barber Dime 5, seated dime 1, Buff 5, ,War nik 1, V nik 4,Shield nik 1,Wash Qtr 4, Barber Qtr 3,Kennedy 1, Walker 1, Franklin 1,Barber half 2, com. half 1, Slvr Ring 4
    YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

WOW! Yeah it would be a slow death with that knife Drew....but it is a very cool find! Nice score on the button!
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thank you Don and Jeff!
    Does that bottle look like 1930s designs, Don?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew