Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 12th Anniversary American Detectorist!

Happy 12th Anniversary American Detectorist!

We're still here!

This forum turns twelve years old today! It was founded on October 21, 2009 by angellionel and Epi-hunter.

The staff of American Detectorist wishes to thank all of you who contribute to the forum. We couldn't survive without you!

To celebrate we are giving away a 1717 Spanish Two Reales silver coin (pistereen). The coin features Philippus V and was minted in Madrid. The coin is about the size of a US quarter.

All you have to do to enter is post a comment in this thread. The winner will be chosen randomly from all entries. (Limited to members who were registered users before today, October 21, 2021.) I will use a random number generator to pick a winner on October 28.

Good luck and thank you for being here!

Name:  1717 TWO REALES.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  76.9 KB
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 10-21-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

WOW, it feels like 30 yrs! jk
    What a great idea, Tony!
    Thanks!!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Congrats on 12 years! I hope we stay around for a long time as I enjoy this forum and group of people.

That Spanish silver is a heck of a prize! Did someone dig it up and post it here on AD? ...and now is donating it as a prize? Very generous what ever the case is! Thank you!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Very cool giveaway!
    I wonder if the two founders will post on this thread?
    Happy Anniversary to AD.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Happy Anniversary American Detectorist !

I cannot believe its been 12 years since this forum was started , its been fun and I'm proud of the people I've met here . Truly some great detectorists and incredible human beings , thanks for giving your time and sharing finds , experiences and fun with us here ! .

Tony , thank you for putting this on . I'd like to add a couple of "runner up" prizes in your contest if i can .... Name:  ADmug.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  46.0 KB American Detectorist (American made) coffee mugs with our custom logo Name:  admug logo.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  94.0 KB on it.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Those are awesome Dan!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I'd like to add a couple of "runner up" prizes in your contest if I can... American Detectorist (American made) coffee mugs with our custom logo on it.
    Awesome! Thanks, Dan!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Happy birthday to the forum and thanks to all my forum friends for the many great memories!

p.s. I just realized I joined the forum when it was less than 5 months old!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Digger View Post
    I just realized I joined the forum when it was less than 5 months old!
    isn't that considered cradle robbing Dave? Name:  cradle-robber-4.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  32.5 KB

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Congratulations AD!! I can’t believe it’s been 12 years. That’s almost as long as it’s been since I post here, well not quite that long, LOL. I’m always lurking in the back ground, I just done take the time to post. Thank you to all loyal AD members.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Congrats on 12yrs. AD from one of the "newbies" .

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    We're still here!

This forum turns twelve years old today! It was founded on October 21, 2009 by angellionel and Epi-hunter.

The staff of American Detectorist wishes to thank all of you who contribute to the forum. We couldn't survive without you!

To celebrate we are giving away a 1717 Spanish Two Reales silver coin (pistereen). The coin features Philippus V and was minted in Madrid. The coin is about the size of a US quarter.

All you have to do to enter is post a comment in this thread. The winner will be chosen randomly from all entries. (Limited to members who were registered users before today, October 21, 2021.) I will use a random number generator to pick a winner on October 28.

Good luck and thank you for being here!

Name:  1717 TWO REALES.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  76.9 KB
    WOW! 12 years?!? My how time flies by!
    I remember when Angel and Angi started this forum and many members that have come and gone over the years.

How are Angel and Angi doing these days?
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

I'm going to give this another hour then pick the winners.

Comment in this thread if you want to be eligible!
    Lifetime totals:

Entrants, numbered in the order that they responded:

1. OxShoeDrew
    2. Bucknut
    3. Digger Don
    4. Full Metal Digger
    5. Fire Fighter 43
    6. Cheap Thrills
    7. SeabeeRon

And the winners as chosen by a random number generator:

First Place: Digger Don
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  15.0 KB

Second Place: SeabeeRon
    Name:  7.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  15.0 KB

Third Place: Fire Fighter 43
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  16.4 KB

Congrats, guys, and thanks for helping us celebrate American Detectorist's 12th Anniversary!

Ron and Jeff, please contact del and let him know where to ship your mugs.
    Lifetime totals:

CONGRATS ALL! Thanks for the contest Tony and Dan!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Congrats to all the winners and thanks Tony and Del for the great contest and memories.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Congrats all winners!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

congratulations Don , Ron and Jeff !

A neat contest with cool prizes thanks Tony and Dan . Congrats to Don , Ron and Jeff .

SeabeeRon contacted me and stated that he wants his prize to a "regular posting member" so I spun the random number generator again and it came up with number 6 so the mug will go to Cheap Thrills.

Congrats, Cheap Thrills! Send a PM to del and let him know how to get the mug to you.
    Lifetime totals: