Thread: Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Hey all,
    I was thrilled to remove a clay marble from my bucket list this week. It was found, along with the SWEET crotal, in a dirt floor of a still standing barn.
    That's the fourth 57 reg tag I have now.
    Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Very nice Drew, scratch one off the 'ol list! Just wondering how that read on the machine?
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    Very nice Drew, scratch one off the 'ol list! Just wondering how that read on the machine?

I'm beginning to wonder how well my eyes read as this is my first clay marble... I've found like two glass marbles and no arrowheads...so it seems my eyes are the weak link . Thanks, Chris!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

That's a great group of finds Drew. Still looking for my 1st marble, lost mine years ago
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Great finds! But please explain to me what a 57 Reg Tag is. I have seen it several times now but there is no such thing in our country. What was it used for? Forgive my ignorance.

Thanks, Roger! I was reading about all the idioms to have come from marble playing. Knuckle down, fudge something, dead duck, and playing for keeps are examples...along with losing your marbles.

Menzi, in my US state of Connecticut, until 1962 they had to pay a fee every year and receive a metal tag to attach to the permanent large plate. The picture has one from the year 1960 on the lower corner. Thanks!
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 10-28-2021 at 06:01 AM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

What is it Drew with you and those '57 tags? I'm thinking it's an omen that you need to go out and buy a classic '57 car. That is a nice looking crotal. Clay marble is a cool find, I don't have any. Once again, you disrespect the ox knob by failing to call it out.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

I do like finding knobs, Jeff...but they sound too good for their level of keeperness Always slightly disappointed to see one in the hole. Thanks, Bud!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice! I can see going down the road, the top down, your arm around your T2 propped up on the front seat next to you.

Hey I just realized that rusty thing at the top of your finds pic is an upside down toy tow truck.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Elite Member
    Nice group of relics. I rarely find any common marbles much less a clay one. Congrats. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Congrats on all the cool stuff that makes for a great picture Drew !