Thread: Cool Fatty Find Story

Cool Fatty Find Story

So one of my property owners shows me some coins he found in a box in his barn. This barn had previously turned up crotal bells, skeleton keys...all kinds of stuff. These coins included an 1826 Cap Bust half and 1851 large cent, both in ridiculous condition with blues and browns in the coloring. There was also an 1863 fatty which I tell him all about. After our chat I go out on the property and find another 1863 fatty!!! How cool is that?! Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

That's cool Drew. What's the back story on the box of coins?
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    That's cool Drew. What's the back story on the box of coins?
    It's crazy, Roger...these people lived on this property for generations, they found a box full of some guy's life, birth cert, all documents, few coins, love notes, dear john letter, everything... in their barn...AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHO IT IS!!!!...or why its there.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Elite Member
    Great story, and nice find. To bad you didn't find the clone of the other 2 coins. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Nice find and an interesting adventure Drew .

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    It's crazy, Roger...these people lived on this property for generations, they found a box full of some guy's life, birth cert, all documents, few coins, love notes, dear john letter, everything... in their barn...AND THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHO IT IS!!!!...or why its there.
    Wow, that's crazy. Wonder if the guy had one too many drinks, had his life's possessions and crashed in the barn to sleep it off. Or he had a crazy sense of humor and decided that when found they'll say who the heck left all of this?
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Congrats. Just another awesome surprise in our hobby. WTG!
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

Great story and quite a coincidence, Drew! Is that second photo the fatty that was in the box? It is in amazing shape.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg